Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

Lag when using BBM Groups but not individuals

I have had lag when in BBM Groups but not when BBMing individuals.  The browser, BB World, email, text, Facebook, etc all work fine, just within BBM groups I can get horrific lag.  Now, I have 10 groups, 4-5 of which are very active.  I used to be able to bounce between them and keep up with the conversations.  Now there almost isn't a point.  I have had lag ranging from mere seconds up to 9 minutes.  It seems the more rapidly I enter messages the slower it gets.  Also, when launching the BBM app (I took all groups out of the Hub to see if that made a difference and the Hub itself is fine (thanks, Jsanders, for the tip)) but it takes quite a while for groups to populate and if I open a particular group I see 0 members and no pictures, etc for a long time.  I love my groups but this is now beyond frustrating.  Could Rogers be throttling my use?  Could it be BBM or the server?  What about that stress test Crackberry did?  Someone please help with a solution.  ( I also have high battery drain during use but not sure if this is related.)

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Lag when using BBM Groups but not individuals

I have the same issue. Still no solution. C'mon blackberry, provide some support. It seems that no carrier or provider wants to provide support and all we have are these forums
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

Re: Lag when using BBM Groups but not individuals

And for the last two days it's been overheating and draining horribly to the point I couldn't hold it (it got to 43C at one point and often went to the high 30's). Could the overheating be due to it trying to process BBM but struggling?