Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Link will not install completely

[ Edited ]

Had my Z10 for a few hours now... and not really enjoying the set-up experience at all. Smiley Sad

BB Link (the desktop s/w for BB10) self-extracts... but then the wizard keeps returning an error message:

The wizard was interrupted before BlackBerry Link could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified... run setup again.

I've re-run/de-installe/re-downloaded/re-run (etc) it again, but get the same problem.

Any ideas?

PC - W7 Home Premium (latest packs) 64-bit

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Link will not install completely

Hi Publisher,

Is that the exact message you receive when installing BlackBerry Link? Can you verify which Windows 7 Service pack you are currently running?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

Hi Capt

Yes - at least that's the most relevant (and the first) part of the message. It goes on to say try a re installation. 

I'm away from my d/t for the next couple of days, but I have the latest SP installed; I believe it's SP1. 

Since posting, I removed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (which I have for the PlayBook) and de-/re-installed Link. Still the same error message - though it appears to have installed. doesn't always 'recognise' the Z10, so something's not quite right. 

HTH

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Rogers

unplug your phone from the pc first

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I'm having the same problem and I was downloading from website to PC without phone being connected. Also seems to be doing something to my network connections? At the moment the phone is useless if I can't get my contacts and calendar across.

Regular Contributor

Therein lies a other problem. Because BB10 doesn't support Outlook locally, even if you get it to install, you won't be able to import your contacts and calendar!!!

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9250
My Carrier: O2

I have the same problem with Blackberry Link not fully installing. I have tried it on My windows 8 PC and Windows XP.

I cannot get my contacts to my new one day old Z10