Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Local Calendar vs BlackBerry link Calendar

I use MS Outlook on my PC and have successfully synchronised via BB LINK the calendar. However, when I receive external invitations (when I'm mobile) to my phone it only updates the local calendar, the result is it won't then sync to my outlook! I do receive the invite to my outlook too, but then when I sync, I get two entries. The same thing if I get a cancellation or change to an invite it goes straight to the local!!! This is so annoying, my day relies on accurate timing and this just doesn't do it for me. I have set the BB LINK calendar as default and still no joy. Why isn't there an option to delete or disable the local calendar, or BBLINK should use the local calendar and not create a new one. No suggestions please on using a cloud solution, don't want to but any other help would be gratefully received.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Local Calendar vs BlackBerry link Calendar

First, by using BBLInk to syncronize your calendar you are bypassing the capabilities of wireless calendar sync. Calendar events are, by nature created and sent via email accounts, and as such, are really cloud based services. I know you don't want a cloud-based solution but that's how it's all designed. By syncing to Outlook it is assumed there is no way to get that data over to your device, yet you're receiving them via an email account.

When you receive a calendar invitation it is attached to the email account on which it was received. If you receive the event on your device you need to somehow associate it with the Link calendar.

The first thing I'd try is changing the default calendar account. Go to Settings >Accounts. At the bottom touch "Set Defaults" and see if you can set the Link calendar account as the default calendar account.

If that doesn't work then I would only accept the calendar events in Outlook and then sync them via Link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hi John

I have already set the BB LINK calendar and my email address as default. The problem remains that even though invites cone through the default email they still go directly to the local calendar!! BlackBerry really need to deal with this. Not everyone wants a cloud to do this, whatever their reason. But thank you for your reply.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I think you're using half of two different systems instead of using one or the other. You're trying to do cloud calendar for receiving them but wired sync for syncing them. Wired sync was an after thought as BlackBerry really had no intention of offering wired sync but finally did so at the request if so many users here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hi John

I appreciate what you are saying but I used to be able to do this with prior BlackBerry phones. Having gone down the iPhone and Android route which had the same problems, I returned to BlackBerry thinking this would sort out the problem; how wrong I was. So are you saying there is no way to achieve what I need? Very thankful for your response.
Guru II

This explains:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34368

Contributor

Hi John

Thank you once again for your response. It would appear I am stuffed basically. Really don't understand why the user doesn't have the option to do this, as BlackBerry have already conceded and provided a physical link.

Come on BlackBerry please make the change for people like me!

Regards

Robin