Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: backberry 10
My Carrier: telus

Lost hub history

I started my blackberry today and no history just today history but what makes me mad is that it has erased last month's history on my mail server no text message history on phone???? I did update  on latest soft ware but that was about two weeks ago what gives???????? and how do you get history back as i need some of these emails

Contributor

Re: Lost hub history

well i can see no one can help me  [ but i do like this phone]   but is scary that at any given time it can erase all last monthes emails on your mail provider

is there anyway that you can set it up that when you erase a email in hub it does not erase on my mail provider this is only way that i  can trust to keep useing  my  z 10

i do not rely on phone 24 /7 and can get by without emails but i did have a reciet on my mail provider that i  was keeping

and now it has gone and scary thing is i am not sure why this phone erased all text and email history in hub was sim history to full or is just glitch in phone

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Hi Oyama

So far as I know, emails stays in our device for certain periods only i.e. one month, except emails we sent will keep remain.

But you must be have email program in your PC, don't you? As email in the phone just to make us keep in touch and up-to-date while we are on the go.

Just make sure you have make correct email setting in PC, so you can keep your important email stay safe in email server forever if needed. Also, when we delete an email in device, it will not delete emails in server. I still receive emails in my PC though I deleted it in my phone.

I'm not sure for text message. It should be available, unless we delete it accidentally.

Regards.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

Contributor

thanks but i have yahoo email account and when i delete a email on my bb it deletes on my pc as well

to  explain i turned on my bb and all history in hub had gone for last 30 days text ,email sent and received

and on my pc all emails sent and recieved for last 30  days were gone

but one real strange thing that has just happened today is friend that just texted me today and now only his text history has returned for last month what could be causing this??? i would really like to know

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

Let's try simple trick to avoid your problem comes up ( just add my yahoo account in Z10, delete some emails on it and check my yahoo in browser and those deleted emails still appear). 

Change your email sync interval onto Manual. Change your yahoo password if necessary. Let's see what would happen.

For text message, the simplest thing in my opinion is download an sms application in BlackBerry World to backup your text messages.

You might need to check regarding text issue with your provider also to make sure what's going on.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Contributor

no they do not apear but one i deleated on pc is still on bb ????

i would like to know how to set up so that if i delete on bb it still on pc

Forums Veteran I

Hi Oyama

Sorry I can't help you any further to sync your Yahoo mail with your device.

Please follow this link to widen our knowledge.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Deleted-Emails-from-Z10/td-p/2264025/highlight...

Thanks and have a nice weekend ahead.

Contributor

thanks for the help i guess it is glitch with phone but now worries me that when it does loose history of emails and text messages it can clean out last monthes emails on my pc

is pretty scary thing if you use this phone for biz.

you think bb would  fix this as i can see if this happened to me and i  used this for biz. i think i would chuck it as far as it would fly into the ocean

Forums Veteran I

Hello Oyama

Low memory in your device could be your problem maker. Check it and delete unnecessary apps/files and moves your pictures/music/video to your pc to gain more memory.

See the difference then. Good luck and have pleasant business trip.

Contributor

i still have over 10 gb free on phone and 12 on micro drive

unless phone holds history on  sim