Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Lost voicemail icon

Sorry, I am sure this has been covered before, but please can someone help I am 60 plus in years, still remember chalk & slate board at school!!!, anyway some how I deleted my voicemail icon that was sitting at the top of my fav's list you know the 3 little squares of the calls list.  I tried the wipe which took for ever, it return after the wipe for a brief few seconds only to disappear again. Help, please don't tell me it can't be replaced if so BB should be able to find away to do it. Because I can't believe that with all what's on the phone that a simple icon can not be replaced, poor design by BB if so.,TKS

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Lost voicemail icon

Hi chillout and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Have you confirmed with your wireless provider that you can voice mail configured on your account? I would also recommend verifing the voice mail settings are configured correctly. From the phone application, swipe down from the top then select Phone Settings>Voice Mail.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Yes i do have VM,  I even took the phone back to the store yesterday evening, after a few minutes with both of tech heads behind the counter still no icon, i suggested i contact BB direct like they are just waiting for my phone call LOL.

As I say VM works like a charm, just that the VM icon was deleted by me in error from the FAV top 3 in the call list, somehow I cant believe that i am the only fool to do that. tks

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

This is a known issue.  If you have a backup taken before you deleted your VM icon restoring the application data from that will restore the icon.  The alternative currently is to security wipe your device to bring the icon back.

If you don't want to do this and just want a VM icon until this is fixed then you can creae a contact that has your VM phone # a pause and your password in it and assign that contact to your speed dial.

Contributor

I tried security wipe a few days back, which installed the VM icon, until I did reinstall of contacts then the VM icon disappeared again so back to square one!!!
Contributor

Same issue here.

I deleted it because I was attempting to fix another issue and thought it would fix my initial problem (stuck voicemail notification).

I have also tried everything to get it back (except the wipe and restore) and was unsuccessful.

I don't understand how this action is not blocked since it is irreversible. We shouldn't be able to delete that icon just like on the iphones there are cetain icon that you CANNOT delete ie: messages, phone, safari ... etc..

I really hope the next OS update fixes that ... I have no more patience to wipe and then restore and then reactv. all my email accounts (BES, hotmail, gmail) and Twitter re-set up my wifis ...