Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: 9780, 9900, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone PT

MEP Code Require for Z10

Ho mates,

Can you please tell me how to find if a Z10 i purchase to a top rated ebay seller (asavings)is legal?

After receive it, i found Is MEP locked and i can figure how to unlock it

I Also cant get feedback since last 23th January, after the seller told me that was going to ask the manufacturer.

It was supposed an unlocked factory device.

O bought it to use in Portugal Country, but now requires a MEP code, to unlock SIM card?!

Please, please help me...

... i am wondering that could be stolen, or something nearby

If it is a stolen one, waht should i do?

Report to FBI? RIM?

Please send me a direct message, so i dont post here the IMEI, or tell me how to verify if IMEI as any issue

Tks in advance

Regards

Rui

Blackberry Theme Developer
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/65743/?lang=en&countrycode=PT

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: MEP Code Require for Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

No one here, in this user-to-user community, can tell you the answers to your questions...we have no access to anything that has that information. All we can do is provide you with guidance.

It would be rather rare (impossible, I think) for the eBay seller to have obtained, as you say, "an unlocked factory device"...from all I understand, BB makes no such devices for legal distribution to anyone. All devices produced for the authorized sales channels are MEP locked to an original carrier, and require obtaining of an MEP unlock code to allow it to be used on other carriers. As always, if an invalid code is used too many times, then the device is permanently locked to that original carrier, and even a valid code is useless.

Your carrier should be able to inquire as to the status of your specific device...properly reported lost/stolen devices are logged as such, and the carriers have access to that information (if you can convince the agent to work hard enough for you).

All in all, I recommend you use the eBay Buyer Protection services for your situation. From what you describe, you were sold a device that is not in compliance with what the seller described, and eBay provides protection for such circumstances.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi, again!

You where very helpfull
Thank you for concern with me

I will contact again ebay

Regards
Rui

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are welcome, and good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

If the feedback is positive, i will post it laterb

Once again, THANKS

Rui