03-24-2013 10:00 AM
Hi BB experts, I'm really hoping you can help me out with this one.
I got my Z10 on Friday, and by the following day I had realised that MMS was not working, either incoming or outgong. Prior to the Z10 I had an iPhone 5 and MMS worked perfectly.
What I've already done:
1) Restart handset
2) Restore handset
3) checked all thoughout settings and in APN for MMS, it says "Telstra"
Whenever I try to send an MMS, the phone displays "General Problems".
Incoming I don't get at all.
Anyone have any suggestions?
03-24-2013 11:08 PM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
Thanks for the question.
Are you able to send and receive SMS messages with no problems? Also have you tried to send different files through SMS and do you receive the same error?
If you do, I would suggest contacting your network service provider to verify that you have the correct APN settings and if MMS is available on your current data plan.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
03-30-2013 11:12 PM
Hello there, thanks for your response. Please be aware of the following:
1) There is no problem with my MMS settings from carrier. I have tried sending MMS from a different phone and it works fine.
2) When I go to text messages > settings > advanced > MMS, the APN fields are greyed out, ie I can't change the information. In the APN field, there is 'telstra.mms' which seems correct. The other 2 fields are blank which I also understand is normal.
3) There are no MMSC settings below, literally nothing. Why is that? To my understanding they should be directly beneath APN.
4) SMS works fine, can receive and send with no problem
5) All other functions of the phone seem to work fine, it is simply MMS/picture messaging which does not work. I can attach an image either directly from the Text Messages app or from the Picture gallery. Either way, when I try to send the status icon turns into a red X and the words 'General Problem' appear beneath the message.
As yet, nobody is able to tell me what is going on with this handset...
04-08-2013 12:39 AM