Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: rogers

MMS general problems since last update 10.1.0.4181

Rogers  Z10 ever since last update 10.1.0.4181 I can't send or receive MMS pics  I get a message General problems , tried restore and still no luck , Rogers replace my Z10 and no changes still get MMS general problems , please help.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: MMS general problems since last update 10.1.0.4181

Hello ralphv and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Go to Settings>Network Connections>Mobile Network and turn off Data Services.

Reboot your device. After the reboot, turn your Data Services back on. 

Are you able to send a MMS? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Same issue here...
I tried the suggested 'Reset' - didn't fix it
New Contributor

Ever since downloading 10.1.0.4181, I have not been able to receive images via text messages.  All I get is a message stating that a message is waiting and to click on the "Download Now" button.  The only thing that happens when I click on the button is that the button disappears!  No image is visible or downloaded.  I checked my file manager and cannot see anything new anywhere.  Blackberry please look into this as no one on this forum has a solution that works.  The posted fix above did not work, thanks for trying.  This is absurd!

New Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-3

I have been getting the same thing + 1 friend of mine since that 4181 upgrade. We tried the fix above and it didn't work either on both phones. BBM and email work but MMS doesn't ( sending and receiving) . Looked at few forums with people who has the same issue but it didn't fix it either. I keep getting try this try that. Even my service provider Rogers tech support can't fix it and they want me to do a full wipe out/ reinstall. I heard 10.2.0.424 new OS was coming at the end of Oct or early Nov so I decided to wait for it. Installed the new OS 2 days ago and it didn't fix the problem. But i got a message after the reboot: "an error was found with your media license and has been fixed". I thought that would of been it but the problem remained. I guess I will have to do a full wipe out/ reinstall. It seems from what I have been reading that only the Z10 is affected and not the Q10

I have been experiencing the exact same thing.  I thought the new OS had fixed the problem when it said it fixed a problem with my media license but no such luck.  Rogers didn't know how to help.  I don't know what else to do.

New Contributor

An update to my personal experience with this issue...

So the 10,2 update didnt fix the issue.

I called Rogers and was told that it was a known issue since the 10.1 update.

Rogers method of correcting the issue is to restore the Z10 back to factory defaults (10.0?)

No thank you.

But seriously, this is MMS!  How old is this technology??  There should not be an issue to begin with, let alone a long standing one!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I have my Z10 with Fido, went to the store and the guy at Fido told me my advanced settings were wrong so he changed it. Still didn't worked and wasn't even able to send a text cause of the mistake the guy from Fido did. Did the changes myself and saw that for my Proxy URL was missing :80 at the end of it. Since then, it  works perfectly. So I would say:

- check that your Service Center Address has a + in front of the number and that the number is correct

- make sure that you have the correct APN and MMSC URL

- and make sure that you have :80 at the end of the Proxy URL

- Proxy Username and Password are blank. 

Hope it helps you guys cause it's been a pain in the a** since I wasn't able to send or receive picture.

Contributor
My Carrier: maxis

I have the same problem but the problem solved when i called the carrier customer service, they gave me the manual setting including the new MMSC URL and Proxy URL. Now i can send and receive mms .
New Contributor

The only way I was able to fix it was to restore from my backup.  So basically undo the 10.1 update and then update again with 10.2. Works fine now.   Goodluck.  BB, love you but get these issues straightened out if you want to hold onto to your fan base and business.

Pat