Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Accepted Solution

Manual sync with Outlook calendar and contacts

When I try to manually sync contacts and calendar I get an error message that says sync unsuccessful.  It says CPreferencesManager: Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_1_65538/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB.  I have tried this several times now.  I have all my configurations set on the setup.  This is the first time I am syncing.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Manual sync with Outlook calendar and contacts

Hi chanima,

Welcome to the support community!

This KB article may provide more information on the synchronization issue you are experiencing. "BlackBerry Link displays the error: Sync was unsuccessful error – “CPreferencesManager:Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_3_196610/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for Translator RimBB”" KB34453

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi there..same problem. You want us to embrace the Z10 and BB Link, yet we find problems such as these that no one seems willing to help us with.. Please rectify this ASAP!

Sync was unsuccessful error – “CPreferencesManager:Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_1_65538/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for Translator RimBB”.

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have been able to sync without issue for the past week and now receive the error.  

New Contributor

I called technical support and they walked me thru isolating the errors from the log and deleting them to clear the corrupt files.  It took about 45 minutes but it cleared up the problem.

New Contributor

See my post.  I had to contact tech support so they could walk me thru deleting the corrupt files that were causing the error.  It worked.  It took about 45 minutes to resolve but it worked. 

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

appreciate the update on how to ??solve the problem but really each customer should not have to spend  a good deal of time with techs  to sort it out.(and you were lucky because you found one who knew what to do) . How can a database that was fine to sync from a windows 7 PC via Blackberry Desktop manager 7.1 to a Bold 9900 suddenly be corrupt when using BB link and a Z10? I think that Blackberry needs to find a permanent solution..the cost to the company of thousands of people tying up Blackberry techs all across the world cannot surely be justified versus releasing software that works as it should?? I guess the question begs to be asked..waht happens when the next "corrupt " entry is found by the system??

Contributor
My Device: Q10 (from my sins)
My Carrier: Orange

Got exactly the same problem on the Q10 - anyone find a fix that DOESN'T involve spending large amounts of time on the phone to tech?

Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Deutsche Telekom

Totally right! After all, in Germany I do not find any technical support phone number...

DrHo/Berlin

Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Deutsche Telekom

could you please describe the way through the "sync jungle"? If RIM doesn't...

Best

DrHo