Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Media card problems.

I seem to have no access to my memory card that was previously working in my Samsung Galaxy SII. It is a Kingston Class 10 8GB MicroSDHC Card. I tried to wipe it from the Storage and Access panel and after I chose to do so it just sits saying 'Media card operation in progress...' and will stay like that.  I've tried taking out the card and formatting it completely from my computer but I still get the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Media card problems.

Did you try the "Format Media Card" option?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes, that is what I did. I formatted it from the Storage menu and then it just sits at 'Media card operation in progress...'

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TELUS

I have the exact same problem. just bought a kingston 16 GB and it's been formating the card for 40 min now...

are you still having the same issue?

New Contributor

I think it's just an issue with the card. I ended up buying a 16GB Sandisk Ultra microSDHC and it works perfectly. Was browsing around the crackberry forums and found that lots of people were having issues with the Kingston microSD being read.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TELUS

thanks. just replaced it with a Transcend and got formated in 1 sec.

My Carrier: Rogers

I have been using the Z10 for about a month now, I am also having issues with syncing with BlackBerry Link. The issue I am running into seems to differ with the above posts. After loading on photos and music and videos, approx 40% of what I added seems to be "corrupted" I have attempted to complete a full reformat from the computer the Z10 and also restarted the device and still have the same issue, just different images or songs aren't accessible. This is becoming extremely frustrating.

I have completed a secutiry wipe of the device as well as reformated the memory card (which i bought new for the device)

Can anyone please help??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Mine seems to format from the menu, and it seems like I can even move files onto it if I use USB Mass Storage Mode, but I'm still getting strange issues:

1. A large portion of the media I transfer over doesn't show up in the appropriate apps.

2. BlackBerry Link will say that it is syncing but never does, hence using Mass Storage Mode instead.

3. I still have the error saying that it is wrong and should be reformatted.

I've done the reformatting from the device a few times with no changes. I'm now formatting in Windows to exFAT which is my last idea. It's a 64GB Class 10 SanDisk and was a significant investment so I don't really want to just turn around and buy more until something works.

*Correct that: I don't think that it is a matter of some media reaching the memory card and some not. I think Link was putting some of it on the device and that was all that I was seeing.