Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Messy Contacts

My contacts are a mess!

I have like 3 for each person with twitter facebook etc.

How do I clean them up?

I am thinking I should wipe them and just reinstall them from my old blackberry!

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Messy Contacts

Be careful with that. It took me most of the day to get my old contacts over from my torch and I still have all the duplicates with FB. Ihave been afraid to even load the LinkedIn app after what FB did. You can use setting in contacts to filter them out, but it is all or nothing, no merging.

There appears to be no way around letting FB, Twit and the like be more important than email.

Hopefully app developers can write a new contact book and email client, but it might be too core.

Good luck

New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: AT&T

It was mess on mine too while I had it.  I barely had it a day and returned it.. One the exchange server issues syncing with my z10 wouldn't work completely. Then contacts, listing by last name didn't put the contacts by last name, it was first name then last name under the correct letter, but my old Bold would list everything under the Aphabet.. It was more hassle ontop of syncing issues so I gave up and returned it.  Most likely will end my blackberry service and turn to my other phone the iPhone.  I've always had two phones, and have been with blackberry since the beginning, but I think my time has ended unfortunately.. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

You can hide FB contacts from phone/contacts, but not from Messages/etc...

Very annoying. 

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I found a solution to the problem

It took about an hour but it was very much worth it.

It helps you merge all your duplicate contacts. I also deleted some i did not need at the same time.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/five-tip-friday-contacts/

Hope this helps others too
Skybuckets