Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780; Z10
My Carrier: Cell C - South Africa

Migrating from Blackberry Bold 9780 to Blackberry Z10

Afternoon!

I am having a tough time migrating from my bold to z10, cant seem to update my bold OS to higer than 6, so it wont work on link, only some of the data gets tranfered via link and the z10 won't comlply with desktop software - i really want to get all my bbm contacts from my old phone to the new one, is there a way without having to reinvite everyone one by one again?

Regards

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (x2) + Curve 9790 + Z10
My Carrier: BT + EE

Re: Migrating from Blackberry Bold 9780 to Blackberry Z10

I had the same issues.  Your 9780 won't work on Link even with I higher system since I'm pretty sure it's for BB10 only.  The only options are using the 'switch devices' option on your 9780 (if it has one) and backing up all your data onto an SD card and then 'restoring' it to the BB10.  That didn't work for me.  The other way is to stick the Z10 on Link and go for the 'switch devices' function from the menu in the bottom right hand corner.  That asks you to plug in your old phone and sucks the data off, ready to spit it onto the Z10.  That didn't work for me either.  In the end my phone was replaced and the SD card method proved successful on the second phone.