Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Mobile 1/ Mobile 2 - How?

Can someone direct me to a solution or thread where this was already resolved or answered?  I am having a devil of a time sorting through the millions of threads (and pages) here and at Crackberry . . .

On my old BlackBerry, if a contact has two Mobile numbers, I could list them as Mobile 1 and Mobile 2.  Now, my only field choices are Fax, Work, Mobile and Other. I have some clients with 2 work numbers and 2 mobile numbers, so just "other" isn't a sufficient distinction.  Is there any way to change or edit the fields?

For instance, if I need to text someone with more than one mobile, I used to know that I could always just choose "mobile 1" - but, now I have to remember which number is which, to make sure I text to the right one.

So, are there custom fields or other identifiers that I am missing somewhere?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Mobile 1/ Mobile 2 - How?

Hello Rush-O-Matic,

Currently the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone does not have the option to customize these fields. However you can add a second number, Edit the contact and select Add Field at the bottom, for example if the user has two work phone numbers it would be listed as Work and Work.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Mobile 1/ Mobile 2 - How?

Ha ha. Well for heaven's sake, add that option. Listings that read Work and Work or Mobile and Mobile without distinction is exactly the problem!