Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Most contacts showing twice in my contacts list ? Z10

No bussiness account as for the email adddress none of the duplicates are in the address book at all. Really appreciate your help here by the way

Contributor
My Device: Z10, PRIV
My Carrier: Telus

maxraz wrote:

Hope you can help in my contacts list I have a lot of them showing twice on my Z10 ?  I have started to link these one at a time as suggested on other web sites but as I have a lot of contacts this will take a lot of time.  Any ideas on how I can get these back just to one per person ? D

I just got the same problem. After initial set up and sinchronizing with gmail, I've god lots of contacts. After linking them all to linkedin, facebook, etc, today I noticed Gmail contacts got in again (all the same), and again. So now I have many contacts tripled.

1) What is happening?

2) Any simple way to avoid this?

3) Any simple way to clear this?

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I have the same problem. I have SIM Contacts, FaceBook, and Twitter contacts all set to OFF, so all my contacts are Gmail contacts, and all are now duplicated, on the Z10 only. They're not duplicated in the Gmail web app. I'm not sure when this happened; I only noticed it today. There's a lengthy thread over at CB about this, and although most people who are having trouble are using Gmail, at least one is experiencing the same issue with Yahoo mail. Some have tried deleting and re-adding the Gmail account, only to have the duplicates reappear hours later.

So, in my case anyway, this has nothing to do with linked FaceBook or Twitter contacts. Even contacts that have no FaceBook affiliation at all, like the local police station and pizza joint, are duplicated.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: ATT

I'm having this problem too.  Also, all numbers in those contacts have been changed to Other.  This makes it impossible to voice dial, as it keeps asking which number.

I even stayed up late one night deleting all those duplicates, only to have them come back that evening.  Not duplicated in gmail .. just on phone.  Today I have three of some of them.  I need to know how to delete the whole address book and start over.

J. Rogers
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I've been playing with some of this duplicate contacts problem, I have some myself.

Trying to figure it out, the reason I'm asking the questions, to see if your (or others) issues are similar, same or different than my own.

Let me see... maybe some answers real soon.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I have ONLY Gmail contacts linked to my z10, nothing else.  I've erased the account and reset, nothing working.

Some contacts are up to 3 and 4 dups.  Some of the dups are labelled "Local" under links

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

Any solution to this issue? I had trouble syncing my calendar, so I had to delete the gmail account only to install it all again, but seems that old and new contacts have stayed and loaded and now i'm doubled up... i've linked all the duplicates to gether, though it sounds like they come back... which I'm scared to restart my phone now... 

have you found a solution?

Contributor
My Device: Z10, PRIV

Talked to Telus tech support yesterday. Apparently there's no solution. The guy ensured me "BB is aware of the problem, and working on fix". But... when I asked another question (same question I posted here few days ago), the answer was a word-by-word citation of the answer to my post. So I'm cautios - is it possible for tech support of a carrier to look for solutions on this forum?

Contributor
My Device: Z 10

Welcome to my nightmare. First all my contacts were in several times under several emails I guess I accumulated over a few years on my torch between work and play emails. I didnt know when I switched phones emails mattered. Still pissed about that one!!! Finally delete every email address on the phone, deleted all contacts on phone between sim, local, and my 3 emails. So phone was blank. Then I incorporated all emails into just my hotmail sync and then added just my hotmail address to the phone and gave it a few hours to sync with the Z10. After finishing I looked and no more duplicate names so I thought I had finally after 2 months of bull*** fixed it. Now I have a new problem. Every contact with a MOBILE number in it now has the same number under MOBILE 2. so if I go to txt a contact I see the name once but the Number twice. So I have to edit almost 400 contacts one at a time and delete the second mobile number. But now I'm worried should I do that through hotmail and let it sync with the phone or do it on the phone and let it sync with hotmail. Blackberry really dropped the ball with this one. Ive read so so so many complaints on the Contact swap its rediculous!!!! Sorry for the long email. Just pissed and venting

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem! I just got the Z10 (my first BB) and have about 10 more days to decide if I am going to keep it or go back to Android. Will this problem get a fix?

Rick T.