Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Move Icon across several Pages

Is there a simple way to do this. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Move Icon across several Pages

Wish there was.  Seems to be just one page at a time and even that is tricky for me.  I've asked in a number of places if it was possible to simply select the icon and do a cut and paste type thing but apparently it is not.  I did drop that as a suggestion on Blackberry beta but never got a reply.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

A cut and paste solution will never be offered because there's nothing easier than moving an icon between screens; hold the icon for a couple seconds then move and hold it at the edge of the screen. Once it places itself on the next screen, rinse and repeat....nothing simpler. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to move icons across multiple screens in a matter of seconds.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

If it was easy I would not have asked the question. I order to move to a page, there must be an empty space for the icon.I was looking for an easy solution.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Have to disagree, it is not the easest method of moving...  It was far easier on OS 7.  On OS 10 you can accidently drop one icon on top of the other etc...  This would be why someone asked if there was an easier way to do something.  Simply telling soemone it is the easiest thing in the world does not make it so.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

Yeah, it can seem like playing 'Thumb-Puzzle Torment' at first but once you've got your screens organised you'll find that you need to do it far less often.

In fact you can even cut down on the total number of screens you have by creating folders.

For instance, I have only one screen I work off. 

When you drag an Application Icon onto another, you'll see the "Folder" dialogue appear along with an option to name the said Folder. 

What I've done myself is, I've dragged my Photos, Videos and Music icons together and named the Folder "Media" and for all of my on-screen Bookmarks, I dragged them all together and named the resulting folder accordingly... and on and on, etc....

I find it easier working off just the one screen. Creating another on-screen Bookmark or adding another Application will cause another screen to be created, but I just drag the offending object back into it's appropriate box - so to speak  

Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.