Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Move photos without using Blackberry Link?

Blackberry Link will not install properly on my Sony Vaio. I have tried many, many variations and I cannot get it to install properly. Consequently, I cannot sync my Z10.

I have 120 photos from a recent sporting event that I need to share with other parents. I can transfer them one at a time to my PC using Bluetooth but cannot manage a mass transfer. I could, I suppose, email that all but that's a mountain of irritation.

Help?

Is there another way to pull these photos from my Z10 to my Vaio? Or has anyone found another fix to the Blackberry Link problem?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Move photos without using Blackberry Link?

Hi...I used the data cable. Connect your device then went into - My computer - find your device (usually is named under removable storage device) - double click it - find camera folder or it might say images - double click it - you should then have a folder or a number of folders with dates by the month /year - find the folder with your images and open it - Highlight all the images you want with ctrl key - right click and copy then paste into a folder on your computer. ( you may need to make one if you do not already store images on your PC) HOpe that helps - seems a little long winded but worked for me!!

New Contributor

Nope. Although Blackberry Device manager shows my Z10 it does not appear as a Removable Storage Device. I have, occasionally, seen in appear there but only as access to install Blackberry Link. It will not allow me to look into the guts of the Z10 to see the directories as you suggest.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Too bad you couldn't install BB link on your PC.  I would try to restore the system just before you installed BB link on your PC and try installing it again.. It is important that Link is installed to take full advantage of it. 

There are a couple of simple solutions for you to transfer the files to your PC without link.  If you pair your Z10 to pc via Bluetooth, in windows it creates to drives on your PC , you can access them like a regular drive and drag and drop the files.. One drive is for the Z10 and the other for the SD card on the device.

The other simple solution is use the Z10 file Mangagerr and copy the pictures from your device if thats where you stored it to the SD card. If you hold a folder (photos), a little slider appears from the right that will allow you to copy move, copy, zip and can transfer it to your SD card. Then take the SD card out and pop it in your PC and transfer with explorer..  I am sure other ways around it.. but you should try to get your BB link to work. What OS are you running on your Sony PC.

IMG_00000029.png

Capture.JPG

New Contributor

Windows 8.

Yes... not having Link installed is a BIG problem. I have seen others with this problem and no solution, yet.

I will try the solution you suggest.
New Contributor

No good. Restoring and reinstalling Blackberry Link did not work. All it did was uninstal my Office 2013 and cause a whole bunch more work on my part... Sigh.

I am LOVING the Z10 device. But, the frustration of getting it syncing are starting to become VERY irritating.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

you can enable wifi sharing on BB10 and then access via network share of phone.

How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I cannot get my device onto the network, either. I am beginning to wonder if I have a flawed device?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

possible your PC is on LAN and phone on wifi and your WiFi router does not permit traffic between the two?

or better yet get a box account to sync between the two, you get 10 gig storage free when setup via your BB10 phone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Nope. Z10 shows up on network but PC (also wireless) cannot gain access. It have access to the printer on the network so it seems everything works well.

Will use DropBox.

And will call Bell to see if they have any ideas.

knottyrope wrote:

possible your PC is on LAN and phone on wifi and your WiFi router does not permit traffic between the two?

or better yet get a box account to sync between the two, you get 10 gig storage free when setup via your BB10 phone.