Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Much Shorter Battery life on Z10 after 10.1 update or while roaming

I have the same problem.  I noticed it immediately after the 10.1 update.  Phone completely dies every day by 3pm unless I charge it.  It use to make it the whole day without a charge.  No apps, no streaming, only receiving e-mails.  I'm on Verizon so it will be another 3 months before we get an update to fix it.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Various

Same problem here. Running 10.1.0.273.

Phone overheats, battery dead after 4 hours, no apps running, no streaming, no NCF, no WiFi, no nothing... Just an awfully hot phone sitting on my desk and draining down my battery till it's dead. 

It's frustrating. 

BB10 is a great OS and I love the phone, but this way is basically useless, completely useless as a phone. 

If it was a bad phone I will simply throw it away, but it's frustrating to see a great phone working so badly. 

And customer service on twitter @BlackberryHelp is basically useless: the only thing they tell you is either to contact your mobile operator or to go to a shop: very useful... I definitely needed this kind of customer service. 

As you can imagine, mobile operators tell you that it's a device problem, not theirs... and for once in a while I think they are right.

Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo

I had this problem right after I updated my phone to the first 10.1 release, but it seems to have passed after one day.

Have you recently installed a new update? If so, try restarting the phone with a full charge.

Also, have you installed any new apps lately? I found that the eBay app is a major drain on battery life. Try uninstalling some apps, especially the Android ones to see if that might be the problem.
New Contributor
My Device: BB10Z STL100-3

So, I solved my battery life issue. I believe that it was initially caused by downloading and installing via wifii or cell network. The resolution was to connect my bbz10 to my laptop with BlackBerry connect installed, backup my bbz10, revert to factory (which then will automatically use the most current os, and reinstall my backed up apps. No loss of data and normal battery life.
New Contributor
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: o2

My z10 got so hot on saturday it was too hot to touch! This was following the latest update as well. For next 24 hours it wouldnt hold its charge and is now completely dead. Does nothing. Contacting O2 this morning.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Various

When you say "revert to factory" what procedure do you use? 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: o2

O2 replaced the handset under warranty but have resisted download of 10.1 so far. BlackBerry need to sort this.