Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Multiple BB Z10 problems

BB10 being returned to the store if someone cannot answer my questions. The only thing I use my BB for is syncing with Outlook - when will this be ready to go in Blackberry Link? I also use TD bank - no app yet for BB10. I also use Blackbery Travel - no app for BB10. To work around outlook, I did the hotmail link which worked well for contacts but will not work for the calendar or tasks. When will Outlook work, when will TD app be ready and when will BB Travel be ready???? This is a great product but I cant live without these features - this product was released way before you guys were ready. Please answer asap as I only have a couple of days left to return the unit to Rogers.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Multiple BB Z10 problems

[ Edited ]

Hi Mike4755

At this point, we don't know when the Outlook sync is coming... just that it is at some time later this year (whether that's a month, 2 months, or 6 months, we don't know). As to your TD Bank app, TD would be the best to contact for that info.

I know that BlackBerry Travel is a big app for many, and if the info the following link is to be believed, it sounds like that one should be out soon: http://n4bb.com/look-blackberry-travel-blackberry-10/

With regards to your problem with syncing your Calendar to Hotmail, I might be able to help with that. I have an Outlook.com email account and that one has been syncing my calendar appointments well. For that, go to Settings > Accounts > Hotmail and ensure that the option to Sync Calendar is turned on. If it is and it's still not working, go to Advanced and try turning off Push and switch to a 15 minute sync interval. Does that now sync your appointments? If so, you can try to switch back to the Push settings and see if it continues to work. Like I said, this is working correctly for me.

Anyhow, I hope that gives you a bit more info, but please feel free to post back if you have any other questions.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Multiple BB Z10 problems

I am going to assume that you mean synch Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Memos (Notes). You have already set up various mail accounts and is receiving emails on your BB10.

There are at least four ways, two of which I have tried.

1. My preferred approach as I have chosen not to synch my data with some cloud solution. Purchased, installed Companion Link on my PC, installed DejaOffice on BB10, set up WiFi link to router and performed synch.

2. As I already have a Windows Live account, I tried Outlook Connector and did an OTA synch. It work but as I preferred not to use a cloud solution, I abandonned this approach even though it is almost free.

3. Another user succeeded in setting an OTA solution through Google and yet

4. Another use set up a complete synch solution through Godaddy.

There you have it, it all depends on your needs and wants.