Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Music Player Issue

I'm having an issue with the music player for Z10. When I uploaded my .wav files, they appear in the music folder in file manager with the proper artist name and album. When I open up music player, however, only the song title is listed. There are no albums or artist titles, everything is "unknown". Why can't I see the album/artist? I don't have an external sd card, so everything is saved to the internal storage.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Music Player Issue

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

you can make playlists by artist or genre but it takes a long time.

other then that it could something wrong with the Tags if that makes any sense to you.

My Device: Z10

Re: Music Player Issue

I wrote this a while ago. Seems it didn't help the guy I was trying to help.

-----------------

I have spent many hours organizing about 1700 songs in about 140 albums. Not huge from what I can gather. It takes time. You have to use either Windows Media Player or iTunes. I use WMP. Focus on albums then artist. If it's a compilation album of many artists then use one name for all of them in the album artist field. The same for the next compilations album. I used the term Compilations. That way you don't get a zillion "albums" for all the different artists. Then use the given album name and the artist name goes into contributing artist.

I think it would've been nice to see all the artist names AND contributing artists and their respective songs when selecting artist on the phone but alas it doesn't seem to work that way. It's unfortunate that the compilations end up in this one big pot but that's the way it seems to works best.

The albums organize and display nicely...just not ALL the artists.

The album art goes into each album directory and the file should be called folder.jpg. I think this is best done manually. WMP can gortch up your listings in a hurry if you let it and if the album art isn't right it's pretty sticky to change it. It stores its jpg's deep in a directory somewhere.

Once that's all done then you open BBLink and connect to the phone and I don't bother syncing back to the computer and then manually sync to the phone.

Test with a small group of albums to see how your organizing affects the displaying on the phone and to have a smaller set to upload. I'm up to 14GB now. It takes a while if you want to do a whole change of your organizing. Adding albums after is easy and the sync is only limited to what you add.

---------------------------

It might also be that wav files don't have the ability to have tags in the files. So maybe it can't know to be linked to an album or artist. I just ripped everything all 320k mp3. I have some other tracks of less fidelity but all mp3.

As for the playlists...you can add whole albums to a playlist by pressing and holding the album in the album list and getting the menu from the right and selecting add to playlist. Not just song by song.