Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

My BB Z10 doesnt boot after today update to 91 firmware

Hi,

Im from India. I bought a Z10 just today evening. When i came home and connected to laptop, it suggested an update to 91 from my 261 version. But once after that, my BB10 is not booting up. Just the Red light keeps on blinking in black screen. When i tried to reload the software from Link, it says, the software is uptodate and turns to blinking red again. Please suggest me how to resolve this issue as its been just 2 hours i used the phone and it got dead.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: My BB Z10 doesnt boot after today update to 91 firmware

Pull the battery out for 5 minutes and pop it back in. In this post there are two links based on what type of screen pops up after it tries to boot, past the red light.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/security-wipe/td-p/2201767

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel-India

Hey man that link is'nt opening says access denied! I need help can u tell here the steps that I  need to follow? 

Thanks

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

ujjwal1600 wrote:

Hey man that link is'nt opening says access denied! I need help can u tell here the steps that I  need to follow? 

Thanks

Did you try to upgrade the software and now you have blank screen?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Idea

Hi I tried it says not software available 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Tmobile

Woke up this morning and my Z10 won't turn on. Hold the power button red light blinks a few times then thats it. Pull and replace battery for long periods, still nothing. Connect to computer with or without battery, still nothing. Try to connect using upgrade tool, computer doesnt recognize the phone. Don't know what to do. Help!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

It sounds like for some reason the new operating system install was disturbed during the time it was writing to the chipset in the phone.  I am speculating here from past experiences. This could render the phone not servicable without changing the circuit board containing the chipset.

You could try to re-instal the OS using the Blackberry Link program. If this does not work you will have to return the phone to the dealer for exchange.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Tmobile

I didn't try to update or install anything. It just happened. Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 white Stl-100-1 , Q10 Black Stl 100-3
My Carrier: Digicel Trinidad

Re: My BB Z10 doesnt boot after today

I left my z10 charging when i came to check on it ..the sos red light kept flashing and it refused to start ... i would like to fedex my phone to blackberry and let them have a look , i tried re-installing the os via blackberry link with no success, As a result i purchased a Q10 , but i am totally fed up ....i hope there is a fix for this , because these phone not cheap and i enjoyed my Z10 for 3 months ...this is totally not fair