Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 447500704468

My Blackberry Z10 isn't showing contact names

I've been having issues receiving texts for the past few days and to try and fix that I updated to the newest software (10.2.0.424). Not only has that not solved my problem, any texts that are sitting in my inbox now have no contact names, it's only their numbers that appear.

I've checked my contacts and they're still there. Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: My Blackberry Z10 isn't showing contact names

[ Edited ]

Was your phone off then when you turned it on you saw the waiting text with phone # in your inbox.

When your phone is on and you receive a text does it show the contacts name.

What issue were you having before the update that you say you still have.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: dev alpha c
My Carrier: rim

i want know that .i use 10.2.same to me .make me busy .
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

It was yesterday that I updated on my Z10 model STL100-1 OS from 10.1.0.273 to 10.2.1.1925 and got an instant message to update to 10.2.1.537 and did that, too The update process went smoothly enough.

But, after loading the new 10.2 OS from BB's website I can't see my most often used phone contacts. I can get my gmail contacts but those are email addresses mostly. It looks like the old phone contacts are still somewhere in the phone because when I manually add them back to my contacts I get a warning that the entry already exists and asking if I want to edit it or add a new one. I choose add a new one since I don't see the old ones. I did update from all the SIMS I use, and got very few additonal contacts.

I have also lost my past record of texts, ie SMS. That also is a biggg loss What happened to the texts? Where were they saved? Are they still on a data file somehwere in the machine? Are the old contacts somewhere in the machine.

Thanks for any ideas.

Ken