Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

My Computer & Z10 & sync'ing or not

I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

First... can anyone see their z10 under My Computer? (I cannot so I can't open it with an instance of Explorere & organize My Music how I like it)

Next... I notice that pictures I took off the phone a very long time ago (in fact, pix were taken with a previous phone & Not the z10), have come back onto the phone. Wut The!  I do NOT have sycing on.  

Once I take pictures off, I don't want them back on, do I?  Why would I?

If syncing isn't on, how do I get the pix off the phone?  I am SO Lost with sycing. I HATE it.  Hate apple products because of it & am soooo not happy to see this on the BB!    

I am old, tired & don't want to learn or sync anymore. I just want to open My Computer, go to the folder with my stuff, copy out what I want off, leave what I want. & If I put music in a folder, I want it THERE and not mixed in with all my other music.

I can't organize with this desgin of the z10

How best do I go about getting pix or music off.  Not having it end up back ON when I don't want it on, unless I DO want it back on then I can put it there.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: My Computer & Z10 & sync'ing or not

To use the z10 as a drive on your computer if you are experiencing problems with bb link. Turn your z10 into a mass USB storage(Settings,Storage & access, USB Mass Storage as On).

The reason that your files are getting sync with desktop computer is that you might have automatic sync content turnned on you bb link and also wirless sync. Turn these off if you want to control how to do things.

Once you turn off bb link sync, and turn on your z10 usb mass storage, it treats it like a usb drive and just drag and drop your files through windows explorer.

IMG_00000090.png

bblink.JPG

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG awesome. THANK YOU. I can't test right now, I will tonight & report back. 

The Mass Storage thing may solve the largest problem I have with this phone. If that works, I will THEN be in LOVE with this phone!! Smiley Very Happy

If I can get this MyComputer thing working I will also KISS the ground you walk on.. TYSM! 

It appears you have to turn it on & then back off after unplugging or it then won't save to media card? Or am I not understanding properly based on what it says On the Phone, Under Settings, when you go to switch it to ON.  There's a pop-up that says that when turned on "files on your media card are accessible onlyfrom the USB device your connected to" ("you can use your device as a usb drive, such as to play music from your car's sterio")... how? Using that new BB mini sterio speaker dock thingie? I have one of those! Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor

How do you get to the media card this way?  All that comes up in the device itself which has limited items on it.  Most things are on the card & I can't find any of it