Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

My Temp Work around for my Outlook Sync with Z10 - Not Ideal but works.

I like many on this forum was pissed that Outlook Sync was not included with BlackBerry Link.. I was fortunate to transfer all my contacts & calendars from my Old Torch 9810 without a problem. The problem is that I need to sync my calendar and updated contacts on a regular bases. I use Outlook 2010 for all my 1400 contacts and Calendar. There is no way I am going to use any cell phone to update this amount of data. I have owned the Z10 since Tuesday Morning and that afternoon I was ready to take it back and I am a die hard BB user..  My wife has an Iphone 5, nice toy, but wont work for my business..  Seriously considered Android phone, but they also have their issues with the Outlook sync via USB..

But after 6 Days with the Z10, I must say I love it. .Didn't at first, but once you figure out, it is truly impressive.. Also love the virtual keyboard, very accurate and amazing.. Love the fact that I can have multiple applications running at the same time.. I use web pages that I need for work as an active screen and a button on my home page. 

While waiting for a 3rd party application to implement this (Campanion Link & Deja Office) or to have BB realize that this is serious and add it in their BB link soon.. Cloud is not an option for me.  

This is the temporary solution I have right now.

Option 1:

1. Wipe off all my Data of my old BB 9810. Make sure lates OS is installed.  Delete all contacts. Sync with Outlook but from PC to Phone Only..  Use BB link to transfer the Contacts and Calendar to the Z10. This will replace any contact you have on the z10..

Option 2:

Forward any contacts from your outlook as vcard to your Z10 as email.  Click on the .vcard and it will add to contacts. 

Again this is a temp soltuion without 3rd party software or Icloud until BB adds this to BB link.