Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

My Z10 works greast until I put it in my new flipcover. Then the speaker goes to MUTE?? No Sound?

It's frustrating.

When I put my z10 in the flipcover, it's almost like the speaker is muted.

1) It rings but I cannot hear it ring,

2) I answer and everyone hears me, but I cannot hear them.

I  checked voicectrl, holster settings, volumes.

Works perfectly until I put it in the flipcover...

Why? I did not expect this from a brand new 3day old phone? or just-released flipcovers...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Cell-C

Re: My Z10 works greast until I put it in my new flipcover. Then the speaker goes to MUTE?? No Sound?

I have a similar problem with the pouch. My phone rings but disconnects the call when I take it out of the pouch. The Pouch worked great on a prvious BB Bold but I am not so happy with it on the Z10.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: My Z10 works greast until I put it in my new flipcover. Then the speaker goes to MUTE?? No Sound?

Johannes

Did you disable your holster settings in your z10? I know you can switch off your holster answer & hang up setting. It could also be a software issue.

Mine is frustrating. Muting my z10 speaker intermittent. No solutions yet
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Cell-C

Yes, I have just checked again the Holster settings are OFF. I Will play around with this tonight and see if I can recreate the problem.