Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

My device repeatedly asking for iCloud password

Hi.  Greetings to all.  I am new to this forum.  I have Z10, bought on the relase day, Feb 10.  I have iCloud (Apple) account and have all my default calender, contacts information with this account.  When I synchronized for the first time, all my calender entires and contacts appeared.  Afterwards, every now and then, Z10 device is asking for the iCloud password, which is very frustrating.  Any solution for this?  Please suggest me.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: My device repeatedly asking for iCloud password

Hello Raghunathan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Please try changing your iCloud password, then updating it on the device as a test.

Let us know if you continue to be prompted after making these changes.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Greetings to you FozzleBear.  

I thank you for suggesting me a solution.  I would certainly try this and post my results in this forum.  Besides, I have tried another method.  In the advanced settings of the mail, calender and Contacts of this @me.com address, I have changed the sync interval from 30 minutes (default setting) to 4 hours, 24 hrs...like this.  Still the problem persists.  Sometimes, it worked out for more than 4-6 hours.  I have noticed one more thing.  Whenever I loose the cellular coverage and again connected, mostly this occurs.  Example:  I start from my home to office.  I go by lift and there is no coverage.  Searching for network.  Again, when it is connected, mostly it asks for password for this account only.  

Anyways... I would certainly try your suggestion and would update the results.  Thanks.  

New Contributor

Greetings to you, FozzleBear.

As I suggested by you, I changed my iCloud password.  I updated this information at all my other devices.  Also, I deleted iCloud account and re-entered all the credentials and re-started the device.  Success!  Until this moment, I have not encountered this password issue for the past 20hours.  I appreciate you suggestion and thank you.  Now, I didnt change the sync interval and I have left it at 30 minutes gap.  Still working fine.  But, I fear, frequent sync might drain the battery.  That is my concern.  but, my device is seamlessly working across the network.  I have noticed one more difference in the overall speed.  When I make a add a new contact or a calendar event, it appears on all the other devices immediately, which was not the case earlier.  There was a issue with Calender.  It was freezing very often and closing the app automatically.  But, now, that trouble is also gone.  Once again, Thanks, FozzleBear.  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Glad to hear it's working Raghunathan!

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!