Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

NTLM Authentication

Dears

I've switched from my old 9520 to the new Z10, but I'm really surprised to see that I cannot connect to my Exchange Server (2003 version).

If I'm not wrong my old 9520 email client used the Outlook Web Access but nowadays it is no more availabe in Z10. Why?

By the way what can solve the issue is the NTLM Authentication, but also this is not available! I have not BES. How can I set my email if my server requires the authentication from my domain? I’ve other smartphones and they work perfectly.

How can I use my new Z10?

Many thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: NTLM Authentication

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Oscar_Ornago wrote:

I've switched from my old 9520 to the new Z10, but I'm really surprised to see that I cannot connect to my Exchange Server (2003 version).

If I'm not wrong my old 9520 email client used the Outlook Web Access but nowadays it is no more availabe in Z10. Why?

With legacy, BIS was used to integrate email accounts with a BB device. With BB10, the on-device email client is a full client and does not use BIS...hence, what BIS did for legacy it does not do for BB10. With BB10, direct support of OWA mailboxes was not included in favor of ActiveSync, which BB10 fully supports, and which can be added to OWA servers with ease. Refer:

• KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address on BlackBerry smartphone

Oscar_Ornago wrote:

By the way what can solve the issue is the NTLM Authentication, but also this is not available! I have not BES. How can I set my email if my server requires the authentication from my domain? I’ve other smartphones and they work perfectly.

How can I use my new Z10?

Many thanks

Everything I read about NTLM is that it relates strictly to BES, not to the device itself. Since you say you do not have BES, I am not sure exactly what your issue is in this regard. Perhaps if you first resolve the availability of ActiveSync on your OWA server, that may well resolve this issue as well?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: NTLM Authentication

i used my Z10 with EAS and no NTLM on it with exchange 2003

We used SSL with a private cert and imported it into the phone on my Z10.

Best to use a reall SSL cert, I used godaddy for mine when we went to 2010 only for their price.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V