Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Need help, Vibrate mode not working

I notice the other day that when in Vibrate mode only I do not get any vibrations for incomming  text, email, phone calls nothing. I checked my wife's Z10 and my daughter's Z10 and they both work. Is my vibration motor bad?

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Need help, Vibrate mode not working

quadcells wrote:

I notice the other day that when in Vibrate mode only I do not get any vibrations for incomming  text, email, phone calls nothing. I checked my wife's Z10 and my daughter's Z10 and they both work. Is my vibration motor bad?

Hello

Is the vibrate mode turned on for the notifications you want it for?

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv

quadcells wrote:

you may also wanna check each individual notification settings. Open those individual settings and area and check the phone, text msg, MMS, email, etc. The settings in there do override the system settings

New Contributor

Hi,

Yes I tried that. Went to all areas of indivdual notifications and set everything to vibrate.

I also ran that program called "BlackBerry Virtual Expert" and ran the vibrate test and no vibration.

In that case you have, or may have a problem with that little motor. It looks like it's a hardware issue. If you still have warranty contact your service provider
New Contributor

If it is a hardware issue, doesn't BlackBerry warranty the phone for 1 year?

As far as I know, If you got your phone thru your wireless service provider, they also give you the 1 year warranty on your phone. In that case, I would say to just call them first and tell them what is the problem and see what they say. Theoretically speaking in that case, they should be the one you have to deal with.
New Contributor

Hello,

I just got off the phone with my carrier (AT&T) and they are sending me a AT&T certified replacement overnight.

Coool. That was easier then I thought it would be.

Thanks for all your help.

BTW: The Z10 has been my best phone I ever used!

You welcome and enjoy it!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I just took my z10 in for repair for the vibrator, but they said the motor works fine, but it's the hardware that won't let it work, It stopped working after the last software update.