Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: Need help on BBMaps

*extensive MAPS user.  I have a seperate GPS for driving.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My maps app also gives the impression of working - ie. it shows the overview map from my actual current location to the actual destination.  Then when I click the arrow to actual start the turn by turn nav, it tries to requery my location and that's where it barfs and can't figure things out anymore.  Occasionally, I've been able to click on the List option from the overview map and it tells me the directions but generally it tries to requery my location and then can't find it and then bolloxes up the whole app by not letting me get back to that list of driving instructions. 

This is a bit of a Sev 1 bug - if it gives me the list, don't disable me from looking at it with this modal error dialog that tells me there is no clear sky overhead....  Essentially, the app works, then fails, and because of that secondary failure, it leaves the user dead in the water.... No workaround.   If the original list from my original location to the destination were available, I could figure things out, and I can live without the turn left in 150 feet warning, but the list gets wiped as part of the requery, and then the app seems to hang after a failure and require a device reboot which I am generally unwilling to do

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

OK, so I have reproduced half of your problem.

I get as far as you, hit the triangle icon for turn-by-turn, then it gives me the "clear sky" error.

I then get "retry" or "cancel" - if I retry, it just goes back to "clear sky" error.  If I cancel, it drops me back to the map, with current location, destination and route all preserved.  No crash, no hang, all values retained.  If I close and reopen app, all locations show up in "recent locations" list.

Point to note: I have only tested this indoors for the last 2 days.  I also had a BB Maps update I installed last night, same behaviour.

Later, I will head outdoors and try it, and see whether I can overcome the "clear sky" error.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bluetooth and Z10 speaker don't work together

I'm having the same issue - did you get this resolved?

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bluetooth and Z10 speaker don't work together

Cushie72 wrote:

I'm having the same issue - did you get this resolved?

Not finding your current location?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Carrier: Verison

No, when my Z10 is paired with my car Bluetooth, and I use my map app, the verbal directions can't be heard. Verbal directions are ok when not paired with Bluetooth. My old BlackBerry Bold worked great when paired. BlackBerry stated they were going to fix this, but have not.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

jrcatfan wrote:
No, when my Z10 is paired with my car Bluetooth, and I use my map app, the verbal directions can't be heard. Verbal directions are ok when not paired with Bluetooth. My old BlackBerry Bold worked great when paired. BlackBerry stated they were going to fix this, but have not.

can you stream music to your car?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Carrier: Verison

Not when paired with Bluetooth.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

jrcatfan wrote:
Not when paired with Bluetooth.

does vehicle support A2DP?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I can stream and use voice control, just can't hear the audio directions for any apps like BB Maps or Waze. This is with Ford Sync