Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Need help with Gmail Contact issue

First I'm loving the phone! It's a great device and was a great decision to get. I haven't noticed any issues with the phone until today. When I purchased the phone on 3/22/13 everything synced up perfect. All my calendar entries and contacts sync from Gmail and has been fine since today. I got a log in error for my email and calendar this morning and I had an issue logging back in. So I removed the account and set it back up. Now all my contacts on my Gmail account are missing online. The contacts are still on my phone but not associated with my Gmail account. I went through most of them and some are associated with facebook, twitter and linkedin.

Not sure how but that's not my issue. I will try to figure that out later. What I want is, if there's a way to transfer them back to my Gmail account?

Again I have all the contacts and really don't want to manually enter them back into the phone.

Any help will be grateful!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Need help with Gmail Contact issue

From my own experience I had issues with Gmail. Later on I found out other people also had issues. These were with syncing.

What may have happened is your Gmail account setup may have received the indication that you remotely deleted the contacts.

As for myself, I found I had best results with Hotmail for syncing the contacts and etc.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

I've had Hotmail but I've had this email for a long time and would be difficult to switch.

What's weird is it now is acting up after a month
Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

Have you check your Gmail contacts online to make sure they are there? If they, in suggest you remove Gmail from the hub and add the account again. I did not have any issue with my Gmail when I got my phone until a couple of says ago. However, I remove and install again and now all my contacts show up fine.
New Contributor

That's what I'm trying to fix. I have all the contacts on the phone but when I open up Gmail its not listed and when I go to the contact list on my Z10 the names are not filed under Gmail. It seems like they were transferred over.
Contributor

Oh, sorry. That is a new one. Hmmm did you back up your contacts on a different device or an older sim? If you do then you can saved them again. Sorry but I will need to search on this one as I have not encounter this. I used an app on IOS that backup my contacts and I was able to email to my Gmail so if I have any issues in the near future I can always get my contacts by finding the email.
New Contributor

I was able to fix it. Someone over at Crackberry.com figured it out. There's a restore option available in the contacts. I was able to retrieve 30 days back and now all my contacts are back.

I now have multiple duplicates in my contact list on my Z10 but when I select Gmail they are all there.
Highlighted
Contributor

I'm glad to hear. I have to check this restore option myself. Thanks