02-13-2013 02:58 PM
Here, Message 161
Problem WILL BE SOLVED!
BlackBerry replied to my tweet to @BlackBerryHelp with the following message :
Thanks for asking! PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this yearThis is directly from BlackBerry & the timing is uncertain but I'm going to live with it because I am absolutely loving everything else about the Z10. Woohoo! Thanks guys. I for one appreciate you listening, hearing & doing something for us.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
02-13-2013 03:02 PM - edited 02-13-2013 03:07 PM
Just a heads up as well, the claims on the web that "Companionlink Announces Sync between Blackberry 10 and Outlook" are disingenuous at best.
1) You have to "side load" their DejaOffice app
2) It's flaky and painfully slow both with USB and WiFi
3) Your contacts, calendar, notes, etc. go into their DejaOffice app on your BB10, not the native calendar and contacts app.
According to their website, they're trying to have the app sideload and the BB10 native apps issues handled by May, but I'd hope RIM would wise up first and just bring sync back properly to their devices.
You are correct on all counts but I don't see anything disingenuous. It is all spelled out.
They also plan to have the integration into the native BB contacts in May 2013. I am using the android , everything is migrated into the native Contacts list and I can use the S-voice for all the commands. Yes, you need the Deja Office to set everything up but you never need to actually use it after that point unless you want to view any missing features that may be missing in the bb address book.
Deja Office has too may features and settings to list that I do not even know how to use. I do need the Notes feature. I doubt we will be seeing that from BB soon.
I would prefer a BB in house solution but I am betting it wil be gare bones at best.
02-13-2013 03:34 PM
Thanks for your reply.
"You are correct on all counts but I don't see anything disingenuous. It is all spelled out."
Yes, which is why I said "disingenous" rather than it being an outright lie. From their website: "Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes between your database and BlackBerry.".
From that statement it's reasonable to assume that this means syncing between your database and native Blackberry apps for contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes and sure, Companionlink says later that it has to be a workaround right now but it's not an immediate and obvious declaration.
This isn't against Companionlink, I just wanted to let people know right off the bat that this wouldn't be a solution to the USB sync problem as some are claiming, especially at $30-$40.
I bought the app and I'm looking forward to the May '13 release. If the idea here is Blackberry's leaving this to third parties to solve, then great - I would have just liked to have seen this solved and in an app available now rather than later. To me, it's a bit more important and business-critical than "Star Wars Angry Birds"
"I would prefer a BB in house solution but I am betting it wil be gare bones at best."
Me, too and I agree here as well, however an issue here is that Blackberry already had an in-house solution with DM 6 and OS 6 and they dropped it. They then crapped the bed with DM 7, and now left us all hanging until v10.
Did anyone see any reviews pre-launch that said Outlook sync wouldn't be supported? it's after-the-fact, but Just curious.
Anyways, perhaps with the money CompanionLink is making they can move up that May 2013 timeline!
02-13-2013 04:15 PM
Yes, no problem. I actually bought the software then found out the New BB wasn't supported.
No , I saw no metnion of the Outlook Desktop Sync not being Supported. Nor did they even mention that the bosted work/play feature was only for Enterprises users.
Well everyone, It has been a long week and change and it saddens me how much money and time I have spent on this.
I have now come to my senses and cannot struggle anymore with BB. I have only ever had a BB up to last week.
I have just got off the phone with Telus and I am returning the phone.
I may return one day as they are a Canadian Company but I will look them over.
02-13-2013 11:35 PM
where did you buy at this price ?
I install it following these instruct : http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Manually_i
02-14-2013 07:39 AM
Ok, maybe I'm being too blue but I believe there are several different ideas/solutions getting blurred here, so I'll add my two cents and clear or cloud the water some.
Re: not being able to sync a stand alone Outlook (POP) with BB. By this I mean a 2-way sync of calendar, conatcts, and email. By the later I mean a 2-way sync of all email changes made on Outlook or BB including selected email folders, email deletions, emails marked as read, etc. I will refer to this as "Email sync".
1) GoDaddy - will host a single email acount on exchange for around $9 mth which solves the full issue, calendar, contact and "Email sync". As an aside, my first experiecne with Go-daddy was fantastic but I have not purchased the hosted exchange account.
2) Microsoft - I'm wondering if the reference below is to Outlook.com which is a suggested solution mentioned by BB, a cloud solution that will solve your calendar and contact sync issue but not the "Email Sync" issue.
3) Companionlinks- the vendor state sthe software is read but waiting on BB to approve it; I believe I read the vendor anticipates a May approval/release. This will solve calendar and contact sync but I do not know about "Email sync". Another side thought - how/why did the vendor know to develop this software so far in advance... hmmm.
4) Apple - ok this was not mentioned, but all my research so far has not produced one person that claims to have full sync on a stand alone PC running Outlook (POP), by that I mean calendar, contacts and "Email sync".
5) I have not tried gMail, I seem to be challenged in getting a gMail account properly set up.
02-14-2013 08:36 AM
I'm using outllook.com since 5 day , it's slow and you need to send and receive manual (default setting in 20 minutes) You need to download outlook connector and follow this : http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/sync-outlook-w
When you receive an email in Outllook you can't search for contact name because contac directory isn't in local but on outllok.com server
I try many thing with active sync and Gmail nothing work !!
i'm trying compagnon yesterday it's work but only trought Blacckberry Link, ans you can see in the hub
i'm with Roger and BIS plan