Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

Lose a phone and then you're relying on one device.  Im very conservative as to redundancy. I usually look for 3 stg locations.

Notes synchs fine on my 9900 c/w categories via exchange 

Notes is not supported (or I couldn't find it for love nor money on my z10) via exchange... ) 

The "categories" this is really important for large corps.  We used them extensively in terms of contacts and tasks. 

Imagine having your corporate phone book and need to search by division or department.  

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Notes syncs to the Remember app. BlackBerry Support told me it requires Exchange 2010.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

right.  I forgot.  I never got it to work but IM sure it would .  For some reason my calendar, contacts and eamail and task all synched but not Notes. My biggest issue was the loss of categorization in tasks and contacts. 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Have had my new Z10 for 5 days now and loving it....  Except this obvious failing in the ability to sync with Outlook. I have copied over what I need of my contacts so I am functional but want to live sync my calendar with my Outlook 2003 desktop. I am coming from an IPhone 4 where I synced with it just fine...  I am not on Exchange or anything like that but just need a way to live sync with my calendar without having to update both manually.  If this can't be done yet, will it be available shortly?  I have 9 days left to return my Z10 if it can't be done.   I was a long time BB user until about 2 years ago and am trying to get back to the BB world but this makes it difficult.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

You have several options with Campionlink. One of which is syn over your local wifi. No need for cloud based service.
New Contributor

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook - I'm done

You need to side load DejaOffice which works with CampionLink, using DDPB Installer.  Once setup you use DejaOffice for your Contacts, Tasks, Calender, Memos.  It's not ideal but it works.

New Contributor

So this works?  First I've heard of it..  Looked it up and it costs $50.? Not that I particularily care but I had that function for free on The IPhone. Shouldn't a BB business function like that be included in BB10? I would think there are a lot of small business owners who don't use Exchange or the like that need the functionality of syncing their calendar and contacts. Is it being added in BB10 in the near future?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I think once of the issues that most of are missing is Outook itself.  Microsoft seems to be looking for the sweet spot with the Office products.  Are they going strictly to 365?  Are they offering a version of office for Tablets?  Are they continuing with the stand alone software.  All that, with the various versions of Office out there, I can see that BB likely decided to stay away from that mess, at least in the short term.  I have resolved the issue for now by doing the following:

You need to side load DejaOffice which works with CampionLink, using DDPB Installer.  Once setup you use DejaOffice for your Contacts, Tasks, Calendar, Memos.  It's not ideal but it works.

Francis M

Contributor

Guys read the posts. It is coming.

What I don't like about DejaOffice, you have to use their application and you won't see the contacts, calendar in the BlackBerry HUB. I made it work over wi-fi and is is great, you just have to work with different app. I emailed DejaOffice and waiting for the response if the app can be more like within BlackBerry, not outside.

New Contributor

So it is coming?  I did try to read this thread but see nothing "official"..  I know I am using an older version of Outlook (2003) and would have no issue with BlackBerry saying they only support more recent versions as I could upgrade but would like it to be officially BlackBerry supported and it should be..  I would think this would be critical to acceptance in the US market.  Here in Canada I think we are a little more tolerant and I would just as soon support a Canadian company. Just think of those millions of small business owners like myself all over the world who use Outlook,