Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch, BB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Hi Ty and Blackberry,

I am following this topic closely.  I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 that I had for years and love it.  I use Outlook for work and personal use and the fact it syncs with my phone is a real plus.  Because I work in law enforcement, wireless or cloud syncing is not an option.  So the fact that I have to connect my phone to my computer by USB to sync is not a chore.  I recently purchased a Playbook and I love it.  The fact that I can sync through Bluetooth between my phone and the Playbook through the Bridge software is great and the email and text keyboard is outstanding.  Better that Apple iphone or Samsung. 

I was looking forward to getting the new Z10 to replace the Torch but without an option to sync to Outlook on my computer, I can't justify the move and I am now looking at either upgrading to a new Torch or going Windows or iphone. 

Is there any chance Blackberry will keep the desktop software, direct sync options?  I know this is not keeping with the new "everything in the cloud" way of thinking but the reason I did not buy an ipad is that I feel their is a difference between entertainment devices and tablets and ones for business and productivity.  If I want to watch a or play a game I'll buy an ipad.  But I need a device that will keep me on-track with my busy schedule.  I like the fact that when a call comes through my phone and I'm looking at my Playbook it tells me who is calling.  If someone came up with a device that would let me answer the phone and talk or video chat over one device then that's the one I'll get.  The Samsung Galaxy Note comes close to being the perfect device but alas, no Outlook sync. 

I will keep following Blackberry's progress with the Z10 and hope they come up with a solution that makes everyone happy.  Not a very easy thing to do I know but I will hold off on any future purchases and see how the Z10 works out.  I would appreciate any information on future desktop software or Outlook syncing when it becomes available.  

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm sure this post will get updated when it's released. It's coming, though. Just don't know when yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I'm hoping your right, but they said 2 weeks 3 weeks ago and nothing yet

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 - STL100-2
My Carrier: UK

Me too!

I checked BB Link and cannot find the functional button to do this important task.

A ton of contacts and calendar to sync but no support from BB.

It is too bad.

Long

Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

bsansom wrote:

I'm hoping your right, but they said 2 weeks 3 weeks ago and nothing yet

No, no one from RIM/BlackBerry ever stated it would be updated "in two weeks". Never.

It was simply stated "in a few weeks". That's not two, it could be three or six, or ten. But, I'm with you, the sooner the better.

Here's the exact quote from Message 308

TyW wrote:

Hi it’s Ty from BlackBerry.
Our first major update for BlackBerry Link coming in the next few weeks will include the ability to import contact and calendar information directly from Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Full two-way sync will be added in the next update shortly thereafter. We will provide more information about timing of these features on our various forums and blogs, but you can also look for updates at http://BlackBerry.com/BlackBerryLink

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Perhaps in time/sync with the US launch of the Z10 or in April/May when BB launches the Q10... That would certainly reflect "a few weeks" from the day Ty at BB broke the news "a few weeks" ago.

My Device: .

Re: New Banking Apps Coming to Z10 - You May be Happy to Know

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: O2

Did an admin just hijack the forum thread about the Outlook Sync problem re the Z10 and dump it in here, or is someone (possibly me) getting confused???

Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

highlandit wrote:

Did an admin just hijack the forum thread about the Outlook Sync problem re the Z10 and dump it in here, or is someone (possibly me) getting confused???

No, he removed (actually at my request to do so) an off topic post on some canadian bank not yet developing it's banking app for the Z10, totally unrelated to this thread -- hence it was removed to its own thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: O2

Ah ok - it would be really good to see a speedy resolution to this issue. 

I visited a client yesterday who uses BlackBerries and relies on syncing their contacts and diaries from Outlook.  Cloud is not an option as they deeply distrust it and their broadband is patchy to say the least.  So they intend to keep their data in-house for security and practical reasons.  I had to advise them against moving their directors & managers to Z10s for the timebeing until the syncing question is resolved.  If it cannot, I suspect they too will abandon BlackBerries in favour of iPhones...

Steve Rowan

Solutions for Scottish Business Ltd