Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

I had a similar problem, found that some of the duplicates were loaded on the SIM card. 

Otherwise, as mentioned by others, it could be multiple email accounts also have your contacts. 

I deleted contacts on the SIM card, am awaiting (patiently) the long overdue USB two-way sync. 

The one 1 way RIMM to Z10 sync did not work for me, dropped some names.

A third party company from Portland BB10 PC Outlook sync product is available, but unfortunately, while a good bunch of people from speaking with them, the software is buggy. I could only transfer a portion of contacts, no calendar, memos, or tasks. 

So that's where it stands for the lot of us.

Interesting to track business blogs about the whole two-way sync issue. Most of these business folks have no clue about security, don't realize that BBRY's way around two-way sync is to upload your PIM/business data to cloud via Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. And then they brag about BBRY being the most secure platform. (Well, maybe it still is....)

I did see a post today that "hinted" at two-way sync coming later in the month of May, but it was VERY vague.

A truly major oversight and horrific way to treat longstanding BBRY users. I'm a bit shocked we have not seen more backlash from the traditional Q10 crowd as they migrate from BB Desktop Manager to the fewer controls offered on BB Link and loss of 2-way sync. I would imaging that many in this group would be security conscious (though I also realize that at least in some countries that use lower cost BBRY devices primarily for text messaging this would not be a big deal). Can't believe they didn't tell us ahead of time!!

BBRY clearly felt it necessary to satisfy the needs of social media users who are not as security conscious and are more interested in Hub and having songs on their BBRY than the typical, security conscious biz user.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I have nothing stored online. My contacts are all on Microsoft Outlook

PJCMORAY
PJCMoray
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

RickE wrote:

Ty:  Your response was dated 17 Feb and it has been more than just a few weeks.  It is almost May!  When will this USB synch capability be included?  Date please!  How about a press release to the tech world so we all get the word?  

RickE, he actually stated the one-way transfer in a few weeks, and the two way sync in an update shortly afterwards.

I'd say it's closer than it was a month ago!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

For now DejaOffice from CompanionLink is doing a great job of sync back and forth from Outlook on my PC.  Tried the Outlook.com and never got it working.  So this will suffice till the Blackberry Link gets fixed.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

A previous post suggested difficulties with calender sync so be careful before parting with your money. I suggest you take the trial to check that it works.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

JSanders wrote:

RickE wrote:

Ty:  Your response was dated 17 Feb and it has been more than just a few weeks.  It is almost May!  When will this USB synch capability be included?  Date please!  How about a press release to the tech world so we all get the word?  

RickE, he actually stated the one-way transfer in a few weeks, and the two way sync in an update shortly afterwards.

I'd say it's closer than it was a month ago!

The launch of other manufacturers devices are also a lot closer than they were a month ago .

Having waited for the Z10/Q10, which was late coming to the market, the additional wait for a full two syc by USB is just unacceptable and many may decide that it is no longer worth the wait.

If BB are not careful, they may find a further batch of die hard users of many years standing will find the alternatives  more attractive.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Mick1959, and all the while, the sales remain larger than projected.

I hope it comes soon. Do we agree on that?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

Yes, we do hope it arrivessoon .

I can't help but think there are many BBRY users who have/will purchase the Z10/Q10 without any idea that the two-way sync is not part of the "package".

Once it is here, and providing it is glitch free, this lapse will likely soon be forgotten. If problems, could be a bit of  a storm.

It is very hard to know how many BBRY users rely on two-way USB sync, who find the cloud sync problematic for security reasons.

There are many new individual Z10 owners who are uploading PIM data to Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, etc, do not realize, as best I understand, that they have stepped outside the confines of BES with personal data.

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Reading all these contributions I can find a reason for BBRY to omit the option for local sync.

Technical problem? Can´t believe that BBRY can´t solve this in a week!

Does anybody know another reason?

COULD IT BE THAT BBRY AND/OR OTHERS WANT/NEED OUR DATA IN THE CLOUD?

Could it be a business for BBRY to collect data?

Could the benefit for BBRY be higher than the interest to satify the need for local sync?
Who knows deails on this?

Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

Could in be the emergence of the Windows phone and a hike in the fee asked by Microsoft. BB were the only phone company to do this well and I suspect it was in agreement and under licence to The big "M"