Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

Great, and thank you very much

I do hope BB get's it together as well because many expect this functionality to be included in their basic BB Link software. But I will take this for now.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

Sorry I use the usb only
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi bercawd,
Do you mean you have a way to use usb direct and sync bb10 with z10 or q10?
Trusted Contributor

Yes. See below:

Sync BB10 with Outlook Works with standalone Outlook. Choose USB or Wireless sync.

• Outlook contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, journal
  • Sync to BB10 built-in apps or with DejaOffice CRM app
  • Categories with colors
  • Choose USB, Wi-Fi, or DejaCloud sync
  • No Exchange Server required
  • Install on up to 3 PCs
How it works

CompanionLink synchronizes BB10 devices with standalone Microsoft Outlook. Choose from USB sync (works like BlackBerry Desktop Manager) or our secure DejaCloud wireless sync.

Option A: Direct USB sync to BB10 Hub Contacts, Calendar, and Remember apps

Sync Outlook direct to BB10 apps. Install CompanionLink on your PC and our free DejaHub app on your BB10. Our secure USB connection uses the traditional connected experience to ensure your data is not in the Cloud

Trusted Contributor

49.95 less 12.00 discount. Worth eliminating the pain till blackberry link works

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

Very much appreciate the information.

A little more data on the security issue: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?2762-More-will-be-revealed&p=12887#post12887

It appears (and I've sent a note just to confirm) that there is NO data uploaded to the cloud. But it certainly looks that way.

The cloud version, based on the link I've listed above suggests that the cloud version, unfortunately, at this time, does not appear to be encrypted. I've asked that this be verified also.

If this is all true, then great. Hard to believe BB will come out with a better product as features look great.

If this is all true, and some of us purchase product, let's hope they are not bought by Google, Yahoo, etc.... !!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Ok there is far too much on one product and I have doubts that the contribution is from an independent source. Beware of third party solutions and check out the reviews for this product on BlackBerry World. Many are very negative and suggest that the product is not a proper solution.

I really do object to developers using forums like this to shamelessly promote their products.
Trusted Contributor

No developer here. Just a long time bb user (pre phones) that refuses to throw in the towel on bb

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

As for the above posts I should point out one review I on BlackBerry World in which a user confirmed that the product does not actually sync directly with BlackBerry calender and contacts but through the app.

I only want a BlackBerry solution. However if others can't wait please check that you are not wasting money or comprising security. As for the promoters, clear off this forum.
Trusted Contributor

Not sure how to respond. I have the product, does sync by USB, and works. I amhappy but if I doubt remain as you are.