Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

There are many like me who migrated from iphone. looking for a change in the companies practices in relation to customer service. Otherwise many will either return or choose another provider when contracts come up for renewal.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

JSanders wrote:

MPF94025, it's ok that you don't this this "escalation through your mobile provider" process... it's been that way since the beginning of BlackBerry smartphones. BlackBerry's business model and support model is just different than Apple and others. BlackBerry sells through authorized carriers and those carriers "triage" (for lack of a better word) the support and what they can't resolve is escalated up to BlackBerry support.

This is the reason why carriers do not release the BlackBerry OS at the same time: each carrier test the OS released by BlackBerry, train their support teams, and when they are ready, they release the OS to their subscribers.

The carriers who release the new OS the faster are usually the ones who deliver the lighter/weaker support regarding BlackBerry inquiries.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

I am a user frustrated at the moment waiting on Blackberry to catch up.  I must be an old fashion user as I don't play games, don't take many pictures and don't use many apps.  I need email, calendar, contacts and good internet browsing.  My four biggest issues are:

1.  Sync with standalone Outlook via Blackberry Link

2.  Inability to copy and paste into phone dialer

3.  Inability to click on links in brower to dial

4.  Blackberry Bridge for Playbook not working

So far have only found a workaround for number 1.  Email and internet browsing work great.  Calendar and contacts are sore points plus items 2-4.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bercawd, your #2 is fixed in OS 10.1, #3 may be also.

#1 and 4... coming.

Let's stick to #1 in this thread.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have found a way to contact BlackBerry directly via Twitter @blackberryhelp. Despite the the same response was received twice "Two-way synchronization will be added in a future update. Reach out to us anytime. Thanks. ^RA"

I got this despite requesting an update as to implementation. I have sent a third request telling them that many customers have expressed frustration at the lack of update on this issue bit have not yet received a response. How about everyone on this forum send a message on Twitter to @blackberryhelp. Perhaps the weight of messages will get a better response!
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I think they know we're waiting for an update. But the social media team on Twitter doesn't make those decisions.

Of course the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, so bug the dickens out of them Smiley Happy

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Everybody should check the amount of "inappropriate content" in this forum.

lucky-th wrote:

Everybody should check the amount of "inappropriate content" in this forum.

x200

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

I am hanging on and fully believe all will be fixed by Blackberry.  Just a matter of when. 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Bell Mobility