Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Well, I tried to post something about a third-party sync solution (BB10 PC Outlook Sync) in a separate post... and it was removed as spam! I guess, BlackBerry doesn't want anyone knowing that other developers are ahead of the game when it comes to Outlook functionality.

Most interested to read, further down this thread, that BB has removed the promise of '...two-way Sync with Outlook will be available soon...' from the sub-menu in BB Link.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Publisher wrote:

Well, I tried to post something about a third-party sync solution (BB10 PC Outlook Sync) in a separate post... and it was removed as spam! I guess, 

If I recall correctly you had posted a duplicate new topic in several areas of the forum. It is routine to delete multiple posts on the same topic.  So, your post is still in the forum and your idea that BlackBerry doesn't want others know what developers are doing is completely unfounded.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

Does this imply BB is giving up this feature to the third party market?

"Most interested to read, further down this thread, that BB has removed the promise of '...two-way Sync with Outlook will be available soon...' from the sub-menu in BB Link."

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

No, I think it just implies that the post wasn't removed because it was spam or that BB is hiding the fact that developers are working on options too. It was moved into another thread for another discussion separate from this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

MPF94025 wrote:

Believe major corporations could be waiting to see BES sync with BB10 and Outlook sync before things really start looking up for BBRY, maybe just a guess, and a good day for all of us waiting for this functionality.

when you have BES sync, the BlackBerry syncs with the Exchange server (not with the Outlook client), in the corporate cloud. And this already works since January 30th.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch, BB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

You are not alone.  I too wait to see if BB will fix this or cast off their loyal customer base.  For me the Cloud is not an option.  I will hold on to my old BB Torch and my AT&T upgrade until either this is addressed or i have to move on to an iphone or android.  I had a Palm and a still have a Dell Axiom that still works and usb syncing works fine for me.  If anyone comes up with a solution for the Outlook sync issue for anouther phone that does not include third party apps and cloud based computing, please share.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

OMG...I have upgraded to the Q10 from the Torch? The most important part of the phone for was omitted?! The sync between three outlook calendars and two PC's was my phones greatest feature and to my mind blowing surprise doesn't exist on my NEW Q10!!! Does anyone know if this will be fixed or is there a simple solution?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hellrum, I know this thread is long, but you actually haven't read it or even skimmed over it, have you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Ok, i have skimmed over it. Lets say it doesn't help me much. How can you help me?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

To be fair, it does not help when you see highlighted in a large font
"BB10 two-way sync with Outlook is NOW HERE"

People will see that and think all is OK