Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

In short:

• It will be fixed. RIM has stated clearly they will be releasing the two-way sync in Link.
  • Don't know when, no need to ask.
  • There are many workarounds and other solutions for Outlook contacts and calendar sync meanwhile. Some involve using cloud services such as outlook.com and some involve using third party apps installed.
  • It's not a deal breaker for some, and it is for others. I have a hard core wired outlook syncer for years and years, but I've found other solutions which are ok. Not perfect, but they work.
  • Others are more devoted to the wired sync than I am, and are either returing their device or just so mad they are about to explode. I learned to deal with it and moved on to another solution.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hellrum

BlackBerry have committed to bringing us a two-way sync 'soon', and you currently have a one-way one available via BBLink... although it's a one-off and not really acceptable as you can't keep updating without duplicating entries. However, meantime, there are third-party apps which - though they need to be bought - will do the job. CompanionLink's DejaOffice works - but is not really native and doesn't function through the Hub. It does, however, allow you to sync through the cloud. BB10 PC Outlook Sync is another third-party app. This DOES function through the Hub and (in my opinion) is worth the $25/£17. You get two-way sync through a USB and it allows the native calendar to sync.

So that the mods don't remove my post (again), I am reporting the above merely to help users. I am not associated with either company, have no interest in them other than they're apps which do something currently missing from BB's own software. Therefore it is not spam, nor unsolicited advertising.

HTH

Regular Contributor

Well... it kinda is OK... because it is kinda 'here', Mick. But I do accept it might be construed as being a BB-development. Sorry - no confusion meant. I think I was just relieved to finally have some fully-functional integration between my lovely Z10 and Outlook after the initial disappointment!!!

Publisher wrote:

So that the mods don't remove my post (again), I am reporting the above merely to help users. I am not associated with either company, have no interest in them other than they're apps which do something currently missing from BB's own software. Therefore it is not spam, nor unsolicited advertising.

Are you reading the posts above? Your multiple, duplicate/tripilicate/quadruplicate posts of the same exact information were removed. One was left IN the appropriate area. You are not being treated differently than anyone else. There are terms and conditions of the forum, and flood posting quadruplicate threads is frowned upon.

If you are unhappy with what a moderator might have removed, please complain to them! You don't have to keep it up IN this thread. Click on the Report Inappropriate Content  and explain to the mods why you think you should have the privilege to post the same information in multiple sections of the forum. I am sure they will listen.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

JSanders wrote:

Publisher wrote:

explain to the mods why you think you should have the privilege to post the same information in multiple sections of the forum. I am sure they will listen.

Apologies JSanders - I certainly don't mean to offend anyone. I posted a similar thing in a number of forums - Z10, Q10 and General - to ensure it was picked up. It was done innocently, and I did try and explain that to the mods at the time of having my knuckles rapped - though I accept that 'grape-shotting' like this probably was pushing the boundaries of the T&Cs. For which I again, humbly apolgise. Genuinely, I'm just trying to help as many people as possible who were as frustrated as me in BB10's lack of (a decent) Outlook functionality.

[ Edited ]

I certainly understand. No problems with me, I just wanted to help you understand what actually happened.

One post is normally enough, especially to third party private commercial sites, otherwise it may be deemed as spamming the forums. What works is to post a link back your original thread.

Likewise, a known trick of spammers is what's called "SEO link spamming". It's common in forums for spammers to use forums like this to post links to their page or product to increase their Google search analytics to increase their google search view. With all that in mind, it begins to make more sense.

THIS forum is actually quite lenient when letting users post links to outside vendors and third partys and other solutions.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Guys I do appreciate the information but I am not prepared to purchase a third party solution to bale RIM from a huge let down even though I am a big RIM supporter. This is frustrating as I obviously did not research enough into the Q10's capability/compatibility. I really hope this gets solved very soon. I have done the initial sink and will just keep e mailing the appropriate calendars. The two way hard wire sync was/is a great tool...

Thanks again.

I didn't purchase anything, all was free.. .just some time to set it all up.

How To OTA Sync BB10 and non-BES Outlook

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi Hellrum

Please advise to what precise software you are referring when you mention "BB10 Outlook Sync".

I may just be willing to give this a try if BB do not announce their own two way sync pretty soon.

Thanks

PJCMoray
PJCMoray
Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

actually, I have tried outlook.com abd the third part being discussed on this forum - BB10OutlookSync.com  - for some it apparently works, for me it doesn't. Further, I get an erro message on BBZ10 on way sync. So, for some of us there are no work arounds. With the way BB has handled updates and communications it adds to extreme frustration. Not to mention the fact that there are other issues with the device -music syncing...

I say this to foreworn people out their that are hopefully doing more due dilligence on the bbz10 than i did. I have used bb for years and asssumed they woudl launcha  good product. They haven't and I would not buy it. I am telling this to as many people as possible