Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

Please watch for them and and it is your chance to make a difference.  Keep it professional and constructive.  

Sorry for  dividing this up into 3 posts.  It was too hard to read as one huge Post. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

This is exactly it - Blackberry NEEDS to address this issue. We are all on a blackberry support forum. It scares me the most that there has been "No Comment" from Blackberry. I have 10 days left too -
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mediabirdie, it's a community support forum, user-to-user... official support personnel rarely comment here.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

how do we get the message to Blackberry for a response - there is little point in us talking to each other!!

Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Can't imagine BB is not following their own support forum. Especially topics that are hot (like this one)
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

rstruys wrote:

how do we get the message to Blackberry for a response - there is little point in us talking to each other!!

well, that's why it's called a Community Support forum... it's user to user.

My bet is that RIM will comment when they have something to say.

And hey, I'm not defending the lack of any announcement.. just saying. I'm in this boat with you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I've tried calling the support line but wound up in a place where I needed a code to progress! From what I gather on this support site, we've got no call-in line that doesn't require an account or a credit card, is this correct? On Tuesday (launch day here in Canada) I tweeted a question on the lack of BB10 to Outlook sync to the Twitter support account : @BlackBerryHelp

No reply to this question so I tweeted a follow up request to them today. I'm guessing they're pretty busy but I'm not sure if this issue is front & center. It may help elevate this problem, & create some added visibility, if anyone concerned about this problem tweets them too.

The support folk over at Telus are making a huge effort to try to help me, even if it's with 3rd party solutions & suggestions for fixes that are outside their control. They don't appear to have any more insight on why the sync feature was taken away, or what might happen going forward, than we do. Again, I'm hoping the density of support calls on this topic will bring it to the top of the carriers lists too so that they may provide that feedback.

I really do like the look & feel of the Z10, the keyboard gets better every day but even lightly exploring the Google & Outlook.com workaround "solutions" make me shudder. I'm now in my 4th day of ownership & still don't have my contacts on board. It wasn't broke before but it all sure needs fixin' now!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

I called them and they even had a higher level tech call me back.  The actual service was great if I take the fact they did not have an immediate solution to my Outlook sync issue.

I had posted details of this conversation in another Outlook Topic yesterday.    I can copy into here if need be.

If you want them to know,  Call.    I called the Ontario office.   They did want me to call my  Service provider, but when I insisted I wanted to talk to the Front end of the horse , they were all to kind to oblige.

Let me know if you cannot find the other posts and I will repost.  but you need to call. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Trusted Contributor

I don't know If we share this forum with the US, this topic will be a HOT  Smiley Mad one when they launch there ,   loooook out.  

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

While BlackBerry support folks don't comment that often, this forum IS monitored by them and they do know what's going on and know the level of frustration everyone is experiencing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!