Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Well said ! 

lmsmes wrote:

I current own a 9850.   This is what I'm looking for in my next device:

A bigger screen.

The ability to deposit a check with my phone, so I don't have to drive to an ATM.

The ability to sync to Outlook like the Desktop Manager Allows.

While there are add-ons for the Android products, I have not seen anything that sounds like it will be as seamless as what the current Blackberry Desktop Manager allows. 

I'm fascinated that a company that states that it is concentrating on business would abandon the functionality that separated it from the other phones and has prevented me from moving to them.

I wonder if this is so because Microsoft will be moving all of their applications into the cloud?   But it doesn't sound like the cloud applications are working that well either?   Can anyone speak to this?

Thanks,

Laurie

Well Said ! 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I am adding my name to the list of people returning a new Z10 because of the loss of Outlook sync. This is horrible and may well sabotage RIM's future because it damages an otherwise great device.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

I work for a carrier in Toronto, Canada and on the launch day Feb 5th we sold approxmatley 60 devices within the hours of 8:30 AM to 2:00PM. My customers are extremley pickey and require myself and my staff to transfer all data and set up their emails. Not only can we not syncronize with outlook but just transferring data with Link was a disappointment because half the time it wouldnt transfer contacts let alone the calander.

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

this is disappointing. i love the outlook sync on the old BB's.

SIGH.

Contributor
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook

Update:  Successfully setup Outlook based email from my domain and I can view contact details from the email itself. If an email had no contact, it offers add contact. BUT Contacts folder is still empty and have no Outlook calendar. Have we heard from BlackBerry yet? This is huge.t

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

I did find this...so there must be some Apps coming to sync the Outlook Calendar.....

Sync BB10 with Outlook  Supports standalone Outlook. Choose from USB or Wireless sync.

• Outlook contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, journal
  • Categories with colors
  • Choose USB, Wi-Fi, or DejaCloud sync
  • No Exchange Server required
  • Install on up to 3 PCs

Availability: Direct CompanionLink Sync will be available when our DejaOffice app is approved in the BlackBerry World app store.  This approval is pending.  Please bookmark this page as we will change this notice as soon as our app gets approved.  Until then, CompanionLink can be used to synchronize to any Google account, which will connect to BlackBerry 10 devices.

http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

from what i have read companion link will sync outlook to a companionlink adress book. still have to wait till may to sync with the bb address book

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

The nearest I can tell the BB  address book is very basic and will not accomodate the advanced features you may be using in Outlook.   I had purchased an android today to get me through this unti Deja gets thier app released.  It seems not to bad and I can see using it inlui of the BB address book.  On my new Samsung, the S-Voice reconizes the Names in the Deja address book.  I would assume ( ok hoping based on the track record)   BB Voice technology will be able to access the Deja as well. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

True, but have to get 3rd party software (companiionlink) for 50 dollars a year.

Big shame from BB

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was also surprised by this ommision.  My wife uses Outlook standalone with Gmail in the backend.

I did find a workaround which has worked very well since I set it up last week (and frankly I like better than the way it worked before).  An Outlook plugin called gSynchit from Fieldston Software runs in the background on your computer and synchronizes Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes to your Gmail account.  BB10 will synchronize from Gmail to the Z10 (using either ActiveSync or IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV). It does cost $20, but now I get realtime synchronization of contacts (and calendar) vs. synchronization only when I plug it in and run the sync in BB Desktop Mgr.

As an added bonus, you can choose to synchronize your Notes to Evernote, and as you may know, Evernote synchronization support is built into the new Remember application.

I have also heard that CalDAV and CardDAV support are coming to Outlook (who knows when though), and that will provide similar functionality I guess.

see http://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit3/index.shtml