Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

SamSung has never been synonym for "security", so let's wait the announcement.

But it does not make me react more than when RIM announced their "BBM Music" service, or when Google released Google Wave...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor

Yeah but samsung is in the big harware business and theri cash balance is bigger than BBs mkt cap. 

Didnt understand your second comment.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

RE: my second comment:
my personal belief is that Samsung's attempt at going towards Enterprise security over Android will fail.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

Once again you missed my point and clearly BB has too.

This forum is the best window for BB to interact with its beta group (Cdn early adopters) before they get annihilated in the US.  This "forum" is ideal to group pools of user need and preference and BB is continuing to demonstrate its ever increasing distance from the vermin (ie customers) by ignoring this chance to respond professionally and with empathy to its most loyal early adopters. Being dismissive of this forum simply reinforces these disciples to bad mouth the BB at starbucks, and in any other place where follows listen to early adopters. We all know they are reading this stuff but their indifference is galling.

Also, I take issue with many of your comments here because you act as if you are a paid moderator have said this is a public forum and you are a volunteer... 

Moreover, I believe you fail to recognize that the z10 is representative of the strategic trajectory BB has embarked upon to save itself. The z10 then is demonstrative of BBs inane strategy is to mimic many of the key stratagems of apple while having abandoned the core aspects of the strategy that made enterprise users loyal to the point of embarrassment.

Please use your influence here along with the other Guru class contributors to push balckberry to recognize its folly.  The 9900 and the backplane architecture it rests on  is an anachronism as far as BB is concerned.  If they don't get this right they are done by Christmas.  The US blogger community will tear this product as introduced here apart like piranha on a cow. 

Once again, I dont want to offend you. Im just asking you to sit back and recognize that the company you clearly love is in  the tub slitting its wrists as we sit and watch. 

omg, please try quit trolling this forum looking for place to make personal attacks on users and BlackBerry itself.

You've clearly stated that you've moved to another device. It's nice that you have advice for BlackBerry, I hope they will appreciate it... but it has nothing to do with this thread nor this forum. The fact that keep coming after me (and a few others) with personal attacks is immature and in no way related to this thread topic.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Ah,  right well,  Ok, I disagree not in technical terms but simply because of what they have accomplished in less than 10 years in the consumer And remember they were big in enterprise product BEFORE they went after the consumer market.  I think they have enterprize (sp intended) credibility. 

And in technical terms if apple can create security envelopes that satisfy US enterprise customers like Home Depot (who just standardized on iPhone by the way - 20,000 subs) , I expect that Samsung + Google will be able e to get Merrill Lynch into a comfort zone.  Remember, phone and android are both basically Unix lite so I figure there is an answer out there.

But lets say your are absolutely right  technically -  BB had to get this perfect and they didn't.  They cannot be, or be perceived to be sub standard in any way at this point in their business life to withstand being in the middle of bar fight between Google, MSFT, Apple, Samsung and perhaps Lenovo. I just don't think BB has he mktg /resource / reputation bullets anymore to withstand the next battle for CIOs' allegiance.  Remember when they (bb)  initially broke through they had no competitors.  Today, its a new story. all the big bullies are already in the ring flying CEOs and CIOs around in G5s.  And they are using BBs financial weakness and lack of Global breadth to their advantage.  Remember, the actual technical dominance or weakness of any product isn't a predictor of customer acquisition success. 

I do hope they make it.  I just dont think its a realistic and Im very unhappy about that as a fan of the company and as a Canadian...

Regular Contributor

I dint attack you personally.  reread my post.  

I wnat them to succeed.  Nothing will happen if all just sy evertyihng is great.

Ive had no difficulty with any other person in this forum otehr than you.  Lets agree to disagree. 

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

I dint attack you personally.  reread my post.  

I wnat them to succeed.  Nothing will happen if all just sy evertyihng is great.

Ive had no difficulty with any other person in this forum otehr than you.  Lets agree to disagree. 

Yes you did, yes you have.

You are a troll at this point. You're posts in this thread are off-topic.

I've mentioned before that you're welcome to create a thread in the Social Lounge and complain, give stock advice, rag on RIM, bellyache, illucidate and whatever else you choose. As long as you follow the T&C of this forum, have at it.

At this point, you continue to take this specific thread offtopic, and that's something the moderators can deal with.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I agree with J Sanders.

This forum is for those of us who are loyal BB supporters; and in my case have been since their product was first introduced in the UK in the 1990s and are just looking to BB to sort out some, admittedly very important, initial issues with the Z10.

I see no point in anyone who has decided to quit BB and go somewhere else, continuing to use this forum to vent their spleen. You have made your decision. Please live with it on your own, or better still with your new user pals.

Let's keep our airwaves open for the great number of continuing BB fans and supporters. Some of whom incidentally don't actually live in Canada (the Z10 was actually introduced simultaneously in the UK and Canada). Us UK BB users are awaiting the new Blackberry Link update and, better still, the arrival of the Q10 (although I have to say that the Z10 keyboard is pretty **bleep** good!)

Peace

PJCMoray
PJCMoray

Hey, it's not only for the 'loyal' but for anyone who needs help with their BlackBerry device.

...even if they're not loyal Smiley Wink

And on-topic!

Knowledge Base Updates