Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z-10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Now, the problem is clear. No USB sync between Z10 and Outlook. Is there someone at Blackberry listening to this and capable to provide a specific answer as to the exact date of the release of promised update or they want to further lose their dwindling market.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

My answers are:

Leon7 wrote:

Is there someone at Blackberry listening to this

Yes, definitely.

Leon7 wrote:

and capable to provide a specific answer as to the exact date of the release of promised update or they want to further lose their dwindling market.

No, definitely. (Public company, forward looking statements, proprietary information, etc. etc. etc.).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

I upgraded yesterday to a Z10 and also to 4G at the same time. A big leap into the future, I thought.

But I have just discovered I cannot use any desktop software to sync Outlook to my BB. Absolutely gutted.

Unless I can find out a solution by the end of this week this phone will go back and I will be looking for other offerings out there that do offer a sync to outlook along with 4G.

Extremely dissapointed with Blackberry for this backward step.

Gary

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

For now get a Hotmail account. The Z10 syncs very well with Hotmail. For MS Outlook on your PC get the Hotmail Connector on the MS site. You can make all this work together. 

In the meantime the latest Link can sync Outlook back to the Z10. One of the newer versions of Link that is coming, I'm told will be fully functional. 

We have a number of the Z10's. We find it to be a terrific phone. We are working around the systems can issue with them for now. So far everything worked out well for us with this. We also have four Playbooks. Some of them is are 4G. We are using WiFi hot spot with the Z10's for the non 4G tablets. The tablets are all synced to Hotmail. We have all the PC Outlook programs synced with Hotmail. It's all working okay.  Each phone and or tablet are all working together. 

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: globe

I basically didn't have any problem syncing my Outlook with Z10. I get all my emails, contacts and calendar updated every time.

In order to sync your Outlook, you should know the Microsoft Exchange server for it..
New Contributor
My Carrier: EE

Hi,
Thanks.
Unfortunately, I like many others,do not use Microsoft exchange server.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

vanito wrote:
Hi,
Thanks.
Unfortunately, I like many others,do not use Microsoft exchange server.

If your sole requirement is Calendar, Contacts, and Email and you are not averse to using an OTA solution, then there is a totally end to end (e.g., Outlook through to the device...indeed, many devices and even other instances of Outlook!!) solution available. Refer:

If, however, you are one of those folks that cannot tolerate using "the cloud" as your sync interface (or require to sync more than those 3 items), then you indeed have to wait until BlackBerry releases a USB tethered sync solution.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Ty,

the problem is - I do NOT want to share my calendar, contacts and email with Microsoft/Google/WhoEver. I consider them very sensitive and private data. Wireless Sync is a wonderful commodity but misses privacy respect at all. And, last but not least, compared to version 5.0 (which I used on BB Bold 9000) I found BB OS 10 much more "relaxed" about privacy, as well as strange things like grayed switches denying me to revoke permissions (it happens, for example, with WordPress App).

These are very important matters that make the difference between BlackBerry and the vast majority of other mobile OSes like Android or iOS. Just to "play", I have a Galaxy S3 from Samsung where calendar, contacts and email are absolutely EMPTY (just collected data which are ALREADY outside there on the Internet, like those coming from Facebook): Android/iOS will NEVER be allowed by me to gather or collect or someway sniff in my real personal data.

So, IMHO, you should NOT lower the walls and allow Apps to act freely as it seems they're someway free to do now or RIM will seriously risk not to regain traction. And you would do a very BIG favor to the whole "privacy-caring" community all over the world by releasing a serious system allowing to sync with Evolution, the PIM that lots of people would like to sync to, but there is no factory-approved system to do it.

Think to it.

Regards,

Marco V. Principato

Roma, Italy

Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

I have been using BBs for years and have always been happy with funcionality but the Z10 seems to be throwing up all sorts of issues. A case in point is that I have never been near a forum because I never needed help using my phone but I think the Z10 has the Apple Store Syndrome! If the product is so good why is the queue for repair and problems so long.

Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

Gone back to my previous handset because it works! Outlook sync (use daily) Edomondo (use daily) TV Player (Not daily but great for long train journeys etc.) Z10 will have to back until the developers are up to speed.