Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Yes - this is a valuable feature that seems to be severly lacking. Smiley Sad

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

When you've been used to easy syncing of calendar and contacts (with BB product in the past no less) I'm not prepared to start making myself do twice the work by entering it separately into my outlook and my phone. That's just ridiculous.

So, to answer your question Ndoki, If BB doesn't come out in next day or two addressing this I'm going to have to return my Z10.

This is very disappointing since I've waited a long time holding onto my Torch until they finally came out with their long awaited BB10.

It's just incredible they had no idea what the reaction would be, particularly from their core of customers. I guess they think their target market does not include the business world.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

I guess your question is valid, and yes, ppl are upset and returning their phones over 1 huge issue.  Who is going to manually enter over thousands of contacts into their new phone?

You've hit 1 thread thats had 70 replies in less than 2 days.  There are many more threads in different forums about this very issue.

Ppl have the right to be upset.  Most have waited as loyal customers of blackberry to support their devices.  Most of us loyal blackberry users want blackberry to succeed.  Most of us have worked a certain way, and BB has completely changed the way we're used to running our business.

So **bleep** right we're upset.  I've threated to return my phone, but it's actually sitting in my office, waiting for a fix! Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

Yeah I know people have the right to be upset (I believe I said something close to that in my previous comment) but ever since wireless updates were invented I don't think I can recall ANY product I've ever bought that worked 100% within a week of it coming out, or even a month.

That's what updates are for, that's why we live in the wireless age.  So many people are mad that they'll have to probably wait for an update, but if BB said they were delaying the release of the phone so they could work out the bugs BEFORE releasing it, everyone would be outraged.

Just look at all the comments from people in the U.S.

I don't know about you guys but I'm glad to have the z10 in my hands now, and to have access to everything it CAN do, and I'm willing to wait while they work out the kinks and support a product and a company I love so much.

Or hey, we could all rebel and turn in our phones and let BB go out of business and then they'd NEVER update it.  That'll work too.

Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Koodo

Hi Ndoki,  I can't speak for others but I might consider keeping my BB10 if BB made an official statement that this is a glitch and they are working at fixing it.  To date we are all only speculating if BB even intends to make a change. 

The issue I am referring to of course  is the inability of a BB10 to sync email, calendar or conatcs with a stand alone Outlook installation. 

My clients expect me to use Outlook when I work on their premises and systems.  Therfore I use Outlook in my own basement office and for personal use.  In addition, I am a one person business and rely on having content with me when its needed.  I'm sure many otehr users have similar requirements.

Put another way via a simple example scenarior:  I missed an important meeting with you.  My calendar on my BB10 was not in sync with my Outlook data and I messed up.  I tried to call but realized your contact info was on my Outlook contacts which did not sync with my BB10.  To top this off,  your last email was buried deep in a long list of emails on my BB10 as I was not able to store the email in a separate folder for easy access.  

As a last ditch attempt I am still trying to learn how to configure Outlook.com to solve this problem but eventually I need to cut my losses and get back to work with a tool that does the job.  

Contributor
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

It's true they haven't made a statement as far as I've seen (although I never contacted them to ask either) but they never said they weren't fixing it either, so it's an assumption either way.

Yes I understand not being able to sync is a bad thing, but you're telling all this to a guy who manually enters in all his contact info, appointments, and uses the search function to go through his e-mails.  Granted I'm probably not using it as much, but it's a stretch to say you didn't call someone because you can't sync with outlook.  People used to manage just fine before the smartphone.

And yes, it's understandable if you want to use a phone that DOES manage that, all I'm saying is assuming they aren't fixing it and jumping ship before finding out one way or another is really just ensuring that they won't fix it at all.

Edit: Also, just wondering for those people who DID contact blackberry about this, did anyone contact outlook to see if they had any news on their end?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

I can't get in touch with my sister right now. I am not sure if she got the iPhone or the Galaxy S3. From what I red the iPhone using an iTune link will sync.  The Galaxy is also supposed to sync. 

I would call the tech support for your tele provider and make an exact verification.  You can also do a Web search. 

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

What is interesting is when I called tech support for a question, they were strongly aware of the sync issue.  The tech agreed with me about how this is hurting customer satisfaction. They are getting a lot of complaints. 

The phone is super deluxe. I am going to keep it just the same. We have a number of them. They all work well. The WiFii hot spot for the PB is terrific. The Bluetooth tether does not work. The bridge mode is useless. I was told there are fixes coming soon. 

I tried a number of different phones for curiosity. I am an extremely heavy use. I can say the new BB touch keyboard is the best I've tried. I doubt I will now go back to the mechanical keyboard. I am doing most of my emails mobile. I do a lot of my work on the tablet. I only use my PC for large spread sheet and word processing. Also for large type jobs and for backups. 

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution

What is interesting is when I called tech support for a question, they were strongly aware of the sync issue.  The tech agreed with me about how this is hurting customer satisfaction. They are getting a lot of complaints. 

The phone is super deluxe. I am going to keep it just the same. We have a number of them. They all work well. The WiFii hot spot for the PB is terrific. The Bluetooth tether does not work. The bridge mode is useless. I was told there are fixes coming soon. 

I tried a number of different phones for curiosity. I am an extremely heavy use. I can say the new BB touch keyboard is the best I've tried. I doubt I will now go back to the mechanical keyboard. I am doing most of my emails mobile. I do a lot of my work on the tablet. I only use my PC for large spread sheet and word processing. Also for large type jobs and for backups. 

Jerry G.
New Contributor

I agree with all the users who have complained about the inability to sync with Outlook - this is the main reason for my Blackberry - it is a nice feature but I don't need to sync pictures and videos.

This is a user forum - does Blackberry monitor this? is the message getting through to someone in Waterloo - you are going to lose me and a lot of others if you don't give us a time line to getting this feature on the BB10.  After one day, I deactivated my new SIM and have gone back to my old Blackberry.   I want Blackberry to succeed but we need to some response from customer service/tech support to this issue.

Ron Struys

Toronto