Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

New Calendar Entry bug

Z10 10.0.9.348

With No Apps running, click on Calendar icon, click on Add button, set focus to subject field and enter text, then tap on "Starts (date and time...)"

As soon as I click on the "Starts..." input field, it kicks me out of the calendar.

Work around - only enter the subject field and then save it and come back and edit it later on.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Calendar Entry bug

I can't reproduce this on Z10 10.0.9.2372

Your OS release is .348?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I've heard others having that problem but can't reproduce it on mine either on .2372

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes .348  I checked for software updates and it tells me that I have the latest.

I have several GMAIL email,contact and calendars accounts and a few other email,contacts and calendars linked to the phone.  I just did a shutdown and restart and I can still reproduce the bug.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's definitely a bug in that version of the OS. Contact Telus, have them escalate you to BlackBerry support with BlackBerry. The more reporting of the issue the faster you'll get the update.

We're still not really sure how the update process works on BB10...whether carriers control it as in the past or whether BlackBerry controls it, similar to Apple.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I talked to Telus and suggested they escalate (as you suggested).  They want me to return the device, so since I did a pre-order and it was mailed to me, they are mailing me a replacement.  All I wanted was to report the bug Smiley Happy
John_Clark wrote:
It's definitely a bug in that version of the OS. Contact Telus, have them escalate you to BlackBerry support with BlackBerry. The more reporting of the issue the faster you'll get the update.

We're still not really sure how the update process works on BB10...whether carriers control it as in the past or whether BlackBerry controls it, similar to Apple.

Guru II

Call them back and cancel it (unless you really want a replacement for some reason.) That is just utter stupidity on the part of whoever you talked to. The issue has been reported here multiple times. It requires only a software update, as it's on the older version and unable to be reproduced on the newer version. A replacement device is not going to do anything.

Contributor

You and I know that it is a software issue.  It took me 28 minutes on the phone to report the issue.  They thought (correctly or incorrectly) that this issue would get resolved better if the unit was sent back.  So, that's what I am doing.  Reporting this issue has become a make-work project for me.
John_Clark wrote:
Call them back and cancel it (unless you really want a replacement for some reason.) That is just utter stupidity on the part of whoever you talked to. The issue has been reported here multiple times. It requires only a software update, as it's on the older version and unable to be reproduced on the newer version. A replacement device is not going to do anything.

Guru II

I'd still call them back and cancel it. Way too much work.

Tell them BlackBerry already has a fix, it just needs to be pushed out to Telus users.

Contributor

Cancelled.  - thanks.
John_Clark wrote:
I'd still call them back and cancel it. Way too much work.

Tell them BlackBerry already has a fix, it just needs to be pushed out to Telus users.