Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Idea

New Issue on Z10

Hi,

I have kept device locking time of 1 minute. I have also kept a device password.

Recently, as I had not used phone for 5-10 mins, it had locked down. And when I received an incoming phone, the device screen was black only and It didnt show anything, i tried to unlock phone using gestures but in vain. I had to remove battery and restart the phone to make it work.

Also sometimes, my phone acts wierdly. I select a contact  to call, but call does not go. i try to do it many a times , but it doesn nto happen. then I have to restart the phone to make it work again.

Any solution?

Is htere any upadte coming soon?

Regards

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: New Issue on Z10

What is the current OS of your device

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor

Current OS : 10.0.9.348

Super Contributor

The OS has been upgraded to 10.0.10.90 wherein a number of bugs have been ironed out. It is recommended to update the OS of your phone to avoid such issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But I did try to check for Updates available through Settings -> software updates

But it states my deivce has latest software.

Can you guide how to update in that case?

Regards

Super Contributor

Please confirm your location and the model of your device

STL 100-?

Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am  in India, but I bought phone from an online store in Australia.

Also, the model is STL100-2.

Please advice.

Regards

Super Contributor

In that case, you will have to get your hands on a Vodafone-UK, O2-UK, M1-Singapore Sim card to receive an update. The Sim card need not be active.

After inserting the sim, you can update the phone over wifi.

Contributor

Oh! Why is it so?

is it that the update has not been released to Indian telecom operators as yet??

I dont think it will be possible for me to get UK sim here in India :-(

What should I do except above?

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Super Contributor

The update has been released by Indian operators such as Vodafone-India. However, these updates work only for STL 100-1, which is being sold in India.

Australia sells STL 100-2, for which updates are being pushed through the European, Singaporean or Australian networks. Hence, in order to get the update through blackberry servers you will need one of these sim. Without a sim card, you will have to wait until Blackberry makes the update universally available.

You can however find autoloaders on various other forums such as crackberry that provide you the update from unofficial sources. These updates work fine as long as you follow the instructions correctly. 

You can find one such update at http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-v10010822-blackberry-z10-stl100-2