Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

New Update Issues

Hello

I updated the my Z10 to a new update, its the second since getting the phone. The previous update ironed out some issues and this update gave a new look and few new updates which were significant but the one update which didn't work was the email out or SMTP, unless I have 3G or WIFI, it will not send. Its yet again, causing issues with my business, I'm unable to send or reply unless either of the above are present, low case g doesn't send nor does H, can you help please, I hoped the next available update would be a success but this is crucially not the case for the email sending

Regards Marcain

Regards

Marcain
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: New Update Issues

Hello Marcain,

When the BlackBerry smartphone displays lower case gprs/edge/3g the BlackBerry smartphone has the following capabilities:

•Send and receive SMS text messages
•Place and answer calls
•Unable to send or receive email messages or PIN messages
•Unable to browse web pages

You can find more information on mobile network status indicator and capabilities here:

Network status indicators from the GSM/GPRS/EDGE/3G/4G networks

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02334

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: New Update Issues

Hi

The 273 update has not fixed the sedning with any UPPER case symbol, infact, most of the time it needs a wifi network to send which means I cant send emails during the working day whilst on site, its not good, I dont know what to to do

Regards

Marcain