Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: New Update issues - cannot add contacts -Z10

Local
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There have been cases where the auto update didn't restore properly. Did you make a backup with ink before doing the update?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It sounds like two problems. Number one the restore didn't work properly. Number two you need to do a security wipe of your data so you can enter contacts manually and/or do a restore of a backup made with Link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That's exactly what I'd do, wipe and reload the OS, but it's like pulling teeth here to get an answer. I asked that way up in the thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z30, 9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Was there any resolution to your issue? Did a "wipe" and "restore" resolve it?

My Device: z10
My Carrier: idea

Hi.
Recently updated my BlackBerry z10
.now I'm unable to add my contacts...
New Developer
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the same issue on my Z10. After some time to play around with it, I realized that "It still saves the contact but I takes a long time to save". Press on "Save" button and wait for some minutes, the contact will be added. This is un-acceptable issue/bug from Black Berry. Hope they will fix it soon

Guru II

Since it's not happening to everyone it's more likely a glitch with something on your device or in your data and not a bug. A bug is something reproducible and that happens to every one.

Some info on your exact setup would help. Are contacts associated with an email account? Are they sync'd from your computer via USB and Link? Provide some info and we may be able to make some suggestions.

New Developer
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

@John_Clark 

I don't agree with you about this: "Since it's not happening to everyone it's more likely a glitch with something on your device or in your data and not a bug. A bug is something reproducible and that happens to every one." 

A bug is an error/fault that produces incorrect/unexpected result even when it happens on ONLY ONE device or ONLY ONE user.

Beside, this issue can be reproduced many times on my phone (and some other phones I believe).

BlackBerry team have to work and fix this ASAP.

We are BlackBerry fan, but we can not accept stupid bug like this. 

Guru II

Maybe so, however, you haven't provided any details on the problem. I've seen many issues like this that were solvable (without an OS update) but providing details about the issue are required. Bugs can occur in other areas, not just the OS. Could be a bug in your data, in the sync process from a provider, or other numerous areas.