Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: New Z10 won't recognize network-wifi or any internet conection

Are you able to browse the internet using your phone over wifi through the phone browser.

If not, what is the error you get

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: claro

i try to  but it show the message

"Error" 

Couldn't resolve the host name.

Try again

Super Contributor

The problem may be with your wifi router. Restart your router. Also disconnect from wifi and check if the BB logo appears next to 3G.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor

ok ill do that right now, but im still getting the internet on my computer, but why it wont aloud me to navigate with the 3G network?

Contributor

ok i restart my router... still same problem

(no im starting to believe it was not a good idea to get the Z10)

other suggestions to help me get this thing working?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried switching off the wifi and using the phone over 3G only. If you connect to a wifi, a phone always tries to connect through the wifi.

Have you connected your computer to the router through the lan or wifi

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Is your router set up to use MAC address filtering? 

Is this a home or  business WiFi router that you are trying to get access to?

If the router is a simple home type router, make sure you are entering the password correctly. Use the proper case for the letters. When setting up the Z10 for WiFi, use automatic.

If your router is an older type there could be protocol issues with some of the newer devices.

I have set up and used my Z10 and other Z10's on WiFi networks without any problems.

Jerry G.
Contributor

ok i have a normal new router, it connects perfectly to the router, find hte network and stays conected but when i start using the browser shows the error...

the problem is that it doesnt recognizes the phone network either!!! Smiley Sad

Contributor

i tried swiching to the 3G and problem persist, and i connected my computer through the wifi that how i know wifi is working properly

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

How many devices are presently connected to your router and WiFi?  Many consumer level routers can handle only 4 devices, while other models can handle more. This depends on the model of router.

The more expensive routers can generally handle more devices at the same time. For example, the router I am using can handle up to 100 WiFi devices, and up to 100 Ethernet (wire) devices at the same time using an external switch.

For mobile internet service, this has to be verified with your provider. With many providers this is an additional service that is not included with the email data service.

Jerry G.