Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Telus

New handsets

Rumour has it that more handset designs will be coming out. I am hoping for a Torch-like one with slide-out keyboard, giving the best of both: large screen and physical keyboard. When will such a model come out?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New handsets

BlackBerry has said it will be releasing 6 models in 2013.  I'm not sure what types are being offered but we haven't even seen half of what is up their sleeves yet.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

my guess no slide phone for BlackBerry 10.
Only full touchscreen, and touchscreen + keyboard.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

I am just praying that one of these models has physical dialler and end call buttons and the option to turn off unified messaging completely. Basically an updated 9900. On EPO.
Had a z10 for a week. Wasn't for me. Q10 looks as if will inherit the same design changes that turn me off.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hajmuntz wrote:
I am just praying that one of these models has physical dialler and end call buttons and the option to turn off unified messaging completely. Basically an updated 9900. On EPO.
Had a z10 for a week. Wasn't for me. Q10 looks as if will inherit the same design changes that turn me off.

My personal comments:

First

there is no reason for BlackBerry to add physical buttons for anything not related to typing text. So I do not see a physical dialer and end call button coming back at all. What current smartphone has those anyway? Not Samsung, Apple, LG, Nokia. So you won't like it, but you will have to get used to it, or stay with an old smartphone.

Second

The Unfied messenging system on BlackBerry 10 is the same as the one on your current 9900. The Hub is an upgraded version of the Messages app on your 9900. You will be able to configure the Hub to have nothing, and have your different accounts apart.

I explain. In the hub, just like in the Message app in BlackBerry76 you have filters:

So you have those filters available in the following screenshots:

• Notifications
  • BBM
  • SMS
  • GMail
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

The behaviour is this:

• in each filter, it is an account and there will be messages.
  • in the Hub (top of the filter list), you have all the messages that you have configured it to contain.

So you can configure it to have for instance:

• only BBM and text messages
  • only notifications
  • only LinkedIn and GMail
  • nothing
  • and so on

I think you would want the Hub on top to contain nothing.

I would really like to emphasize on the fact that all this is exactly the same as on your 9900 today.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: