Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: BELL

Re: No Memos? No Voice Notes Recorder? No Mail Icon? No Password Keeper? OMG What have they done

Thank you ... That was helpful.   Much appreciated....

I think many of my issues are related to the OtterBox cover I have .....   I work on Tugboats  so its kind of rough on fancy little glass things...    I have dropped many a blackberry in the past but now that they are trying to be like i-Phone I have to have this extra protection.   And I have dropped it on several occasions already from quite a height and the otter box protected it.

New Contributor

Re: No Memos? No Voice Notes Recorder? No Mail Icon? No Password Keeper? OMG What have they done

Thanks for the reply

Sim Card.... Media Card ....   i guess I got the two mixed up.  

Interesting .....

So what you are saying is I can rename these files .txt and memopad app will open them.

How do I get those memos to the appropriate folder?

I had to download MEMOPAD  because  it was not on by default on the new Z10.

As stated .....   I used in constantly ....   When I transfered the data from my Curve to the new one. This did not come over.   I had to manually pull them over and then they went in to "Remember" .  I am accustomed to MemoPad and as stated had 729 memos.  Cutting and pasting was not an option....     sorry ...   my beef is they did not put MemoPad back on the BB I had to download it .... my 729 memos from my Curve  still show up in Remember. That is the biggest beef i have..   and the swiping.  I am on the road constantly and prefer buttons i guess. My i-phone has a button that gets me out of the screen. The BB takes a swipe which does not always work and a tap on the X.

I also have an OtterBox cover that does not help the swiping situation.   is there a way to make the screen more sensitive?  that may be helpful...      Yes ... I am whining  but when you get a new device you half expect it to be "better" than the older one.   It has not been my experience   sorry for my impatience

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply .....  here goes .....

One Swipe to wake it up.  one swipe up and to the right to get it to go to the hub.  If you were last on BBM that is what

comes up ....not hub. So you have to swipe up to close it. Then do the swipes all over.

As stated in my other replies, my OtterBox Cover may be getting in the way as well......        I work in a Marine environment.    Steel decks and glass phones dont get along very well.   So i have to have that protection ....

The OtterBox works beautifuly on my i-phone.

If anyone knows of a way to adjust the sensitivity of the screen that may help   Thanks for listening to my concerns.

I am a BB fan ...    and have been for over 10 years .....    I just dont see the sense in some of the thinking behind this model.  My Fiance has the Q10 and has similar issues ....   She has memos that she cant get off of a past back up of her Bold......   Anyone know if that can be done????   Restore a Bold BackUp  item to the new Q10?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

TechTug...you seem to be replying to multiple different posts. But, unfortunately, your posts don't follow immediately after the one to which you are replying. So it's very hard to decipher what your message is, especially if it relies on information from the post to which you are replying. Indeed, it can look like you are having a conversation with yourself.

When replying to a post that is not the last in the thread, it's usually best to use the "quote" function and insert the content (or partial) of the post to which you are replying into your reply post. That way, folks can correlate your reply to the prior information. Note that the quoting function is not available in the "quick reply" function...you have to use the full reply function.

You can go back and edit your posts, and insert the quote into them to make them more understandable.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TechTug, learn to make one fluid swipe up and right to minimize and app and move to the hub. All one movement.

Re: the memos. You absolutely can search them from the universal search on the main screen.
Makes it really easy. I still don't understand what memo app you downloaded. The traditional memo app is not available.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks   J          i downloaded MemoPad. it is available on BB App world for free.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes, I have heard many complains by users that the Otterbox has caused issues with gestures. The problem is not about sensitivity but rather that the Otterbox covers a large portion of the bezel and you have to swipe from the bezel area not just from the screen. So the phone doesn't recognize your swipe unless you swipe carefully to make sure you're doing it from the bezel. (This is different than iPhone or Android phones because there are no bezel gestures on those phones). Ideally, it should be used with no case, or a case that doesn't impede the from face of the phone. 

The best way to restore memos is to use "Device Switch". On your Bold search for "Device Switch" and it should make a backup onto the media card. Then plop the media card onto the Q10 and use "Device Switch" on the Q10. It will all go into the Remember app, which I know you have already complained about, but I have gave some possible work arounds to searching through memos.

New Contributor

Thank you Andrew....  Appreciate it.

OtterBox id a must .....   One drop on a steel deck and by by glass thing.  Will have to live with it i guess....

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That app memo pad is NOT the same app as built in to your legacy BlackBerry devices. That's a third party app.

I've used the Trident Kraken case. It's probably tougher than Otterbox.

My review is here
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Accessories/Trident-Cases-for-the-Ultimate-Z10-Pro...
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code