Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

No audio

I just bought my z10 yesterday and am just getting used to all the features. I tried taping some video and when I play it back there is no sound. I tried the mute and made sure the volume is up as far as it will go. I also downloaded an app from blackberry world for telling you the status of your battery. People were saying the voices to remind you the battery is low are cute and funny. I just got a notification from that app that my battery is low - but no audio. I know this is just because I have no clue what I am doing yet but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what I can do? I only get the notifications coming through for any audio. I even went to youtube and tried viewing some videos and no sound come through.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: No audio

Do a quick restart of the OS by holding Power button and click on restart.  If fails do a battery pull..  Was you audio working before?

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

No it hasn't worked since I got it, but I will try what you suggested.

Ok, I did it and now I got audio! Thank you. Smiley Happy I can now listen to music! Awesome.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Its possible you had it mute mode or an application needed a restart. When you swip down from the top on home screen, if the Notifications bell icon is white, it means that the phone notifications is on. If you click on the bell it turns blue and means its in silent mode.